Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February

When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Courses for horses

mheredgemheredge TeacherHere and therePosts: 36,096 mod
Courses for horses means that different people are suited to different things.

Here I am playing with words, as this article is about courses - free online courses on a multitude of displines. @Xanthippe maybe you are already familiar with some of these.

“Self–education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.”
Isaac Asimov

Further down the article are courses on English and Communications, and Foreign Language which might be of especial interest. The section on free books too, should be useful. Project Gutenberg is a favourite of mine, but I will be checking out some of the others too.

https://anewkindofhuman.com/dozen-places-educate-online-free/

Comments

• XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge, I couldn't agree more with Asimov. :)

The sad fact is that what some MOOCs providers want above all is to monetize their courses and not to make the world a better place. Their policy has changed.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 8,689 mod
    Thanks for that. I think it's so important that everyone has access to the right kind of course that would work well for them with what they want to achieve.