Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
April
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Monday Night Owls - 6 August 2018 - How to create a hit kids' TV show

We read about some of the ideas and elements that make TV shows for kids successful:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44617684

Vocabulary Top 10:

make the grade - to be good enough or perform well enough to succeed

franchise - to offer the right to sell (your company's goods or services) in a particular area

spin off - a television program, movie, book, etc., that is based on characters from another television program, movie, book, etc.; a new company created by a large company

cauldron - a large pot (e.g. like the one witches use)

sawdust - tiny particles of wood that are formed from sawing or sanding wood

hatch - to be born by coming out of an egg; to come out of an egg

dispel - to make (something, such as a belief, feeling, or idea) go away or end

vibrant - having or showing great life, activity, and energy; very bright and strong

quintessentially - the perfect example of something

hard-nosed - very tough; not influenced by emotions - practical and realistic

What was your favourite TV show when you were a child?
What would you include if you made a TV show for children?

Comments

• BellBell Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Believe it or not, I cannot say that I had any favorite TV show when I was a kid. I was the youngest and they almost forget to ask me for my opinion. xD Mostly, my older brother choose and we just set silently and watch with him.

Sad but true. Lol
  • NatashaTNatashaT Posts: 996 Teacher
    Oh, I'm sorry to hear that @Bell ! I hope that your older siblings (and particularly your older brother) chose shows to watch that were a little bit interesting for you at least! :# This is one of the negatives of being the youngest!
  • rierie Posts: 102 Inactive
    My favorite tv show is doraemon. It is from Japan. I still like it even though i am not a kid anymore. I like it because the story is simple but good enough to increase the kid's imagination. Also it is inserted kindness lesson how to be a good kid. I just like it.