Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Learn English in February

Who likes dancing?

kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!!Posts: 7,984 mod
Hello LEO folks! Have you ever wondered your hidden talent? Me, neither.
But hey, after trying this amazing machine here in Japan, I was able to explore something new, a very interesting stuff.
I tried my first dance with it, and it went well (well, for my own standards, probably), but for professional dancers, I don't think so.
Kindly share us your dancing experience and dance moves and let the world see the beauty of dancing with the music! :lol:

Tagged:

Comments

• ContetyContety Posts: 33 ✭✭
    First step is always the hardest)
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,984 mod
    Yeah, it was. But I think I've discovered a new hobby now. Ha ha! @Contety
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 41,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I particularly like salsa dancing, though I'm not very good.
    Cool! Can you share us some of your salsa dance moves Marianne? @mheredge :)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    I really like dancing, but sadly I'm not talented at it at all, so I don't like to dance in front of other people.
    Well, when I was dancing using this machine from Japan, I didn't care if the other people were staring at me, as long as I'm enjoying it, no one can stop me. :)@GemmaRowlands

After all, life is too short, so we have to enjoy every hour, minute and second of our lives. :) So, let's dance! :smiley:
  • MarkRavenhoodieMarkRavenhoodie Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I was dancing a lot for 7 years(mostly at home and sometimes at the studio), but last year and a half stopped on time. :/
  • EzîzaEzîza Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭✭
    I like dancing a lot, especially Kurdish dance, and I think it is totally different from the types of dance you know, which are usually collective

I was dancing a lot for 7 years(mostly at home and sometimes at the studio), but last year and a half stopped on time. :/

Why did you stop? I know dancing is a good alternative for exercise, am I right? @MarkRavenhoodie
    Ezîza said:

I like dancing a lot, especially Kurdish dance, and I think it is totally different from the types of dance you know, which are usually collective

That sounds cool! This is my first time to hear such Kurdish dance, can you share us some moves @Ezîza ? :)
    Is this the sort of thing you mean @Eziza?

kindgnice said:

Well, when I was dancing using this machine from Japan, I didn't care if the other people were staring at me, as long as I'm enjoying it, no one can stop me. :)@GemmaRowlands

After all, life is too short, so we have to enjoy every hour, minute and second of our lives. :) So, let's dance! :smiley:

That is a very good attitude to have and I wish I was more like you, but I do feel very embarrassed if people see me dancing.
    edited August 2018
    Unfortunately, I don't have a permission to share @kindgnice
    yes @mheredge 😍 this dance is called (bakia).but dance is usually mixed and not just women or girls, and the most common dance is (Kermangi) dance. It is difficult and requires a lot of time to learn.
    Ezîza wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I don't have a permission to share @kindgnice

Don't worry my friend, you'll get that star soon to post Youtube links. :)@Ezîza
    I also think that dancing is great exercise. I used to go to dance exercise classes with my friends when I was younger, and that was great fun.
    Yeah @kindgnice I'll do my best💪
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,098 mod
    It's such a long time since I did any kind of dancing. The last thing I learned was Salsa which I loved.
    I just posted a link to a television programme called 'Strictly Come Dancing' which is a Ballroom/Latin competition. It's very popular but has become a little formulaic for my taste.
    https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-01/strictly-come-dancing-2018-contestants-line-up-rumours-bbc/
  • walterwalter Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    I like music. When is some celebrations I always dance. If I drunk some beer or other alcohol I becoming more happy and relaxing and that cause to dance much more.
    Is this disco dancing @walter? What kind of music do you like dancing to the most?
    If you want to get some inspiration, you should watch Strictly Come Dancing, which starts this weekend. It means you will see lots of people try lots of different dances!
  • walterwalter Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    I like to dancing the most in our folk music. Sometimes ours music wake up in mine heart some emotions, but not always, depend of my mood.
    That is a very good attitude to have and I wish I was more like you, but I do feel very embarrassed if people see me dancing.
    Do you have this kind of dancing machine in your country?
    It's such a long time since I did any kind of dancing. The last thing I learned was Salsa which I loved.
    I just posted a link to a television programme called 'Strictly Come Dancing' which is a Ballroom/Latin competition. It's very popular but has become a little formulaic for my taste.
    https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-01/strictly-come-dancing-2018-contestants-line-up-rumours-bbc/

Can you teach me some of your dance moves especially when we meet in person? 😁 @amatsuscribbler
    walter wrote: »
    I like music. When is some celebrations I always dance. If I drunk some beer or other alcohol I becoming more happy and relaxing and that cause to dance much more.

Do you get wasted while drinking and dancing? 😁 @walter
    If you want to get some inspiration, you should watch Strictly Come Dancing, which starts this weekend. It means you will see lots of people try lots of different dances!

Is it a TV show? Is it also available in Youtube? @GemmaRowlands
    walter wrote: »
    I like to dancing the most in our folk music. Sometimes ours music wake up in mine heart some emotions, but not always, depend of my mood.

Sounds cool! Can you show us some of your folk dance moves? :)@walter
    kindgnice said:

Do you have this kind of dancing machine in your country?

We have dance machines in amusement arcades and similar, and I have used them before. They are quite good fun when you're with friends.
    I do agree with you @GemmaRowlands. Is it the same like this or a different one?

Or this

Or this

Enjoy watching! ;)
    kindgnice said:

I do agree with you @GemmaRowlands. Is it the same like this or a different one?

Or this

Or this

Enjoy watching! ;)

It's exactly the same as the one in the top picture.

In fact, here is a photo of me on the machine! I don't know whether this link will work, but I will try: