Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Learn English in May

Budget airlines - horror stories?

13»

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 43,615 ✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly @vok, I just today booked my one way flight from London to Nice and found British Airways was the cheapest. I also find it's much nicer flying with them. They treat passengers like passengers, as opposed to inconvenient freight which is how I usually find the other two sometimes can feel like.

Ryan Air was the most expensive at around £70, easyJet was quoting around £56 and BA cost £42 (though this included a£10 airmiles reduction).
  • VokVok Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    Not exactly a low-cost airline but Air New Zealand are planning to fit out its cattle class with flat beds to bunk down on during the long-haul flights. There is even an idea to get this Skynet bookable for short sessions. I think it can catch up given the reasonable price. What do you think?

More on this here https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/26/lie-flat-beds-in-economy-class-air-new-zealand-skynest-bunks-budget-travellers
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 43,615 ✭✭✭✭
    I can imagine for any flights from New Zealand this will be a huge attraction @Vok. I think every long-haul flight should have them. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for the comfort. Though I can sleep sitting up, I always wake up with a crick in my neck. And I sleep so much better if I can get horizontal.