Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
March
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Take 3 Words Game 116

Use the 3 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot!

laugh

toffee

plug

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,932 mod
    I couldn't stop laughing as I tried to get the toffee out of the plughole!
  • nathankevinnathankevin Posts: 137 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I heard someone laughed at behind me while I was trying to plug the hole on the wall with some toffees
    -----------------
    I heard someone laugh behind me while I was trying to plug the hole in the wall with some toffees.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I like to eat toffees, but i can not laugh with my bowel movements, so hard as a plug.
    -----------------
    I like to eat toffees, but i cannot laugh when my bowel movements become as hard as a plug.
    Laughing at my friends joke while eating a toffee was not sensible as the toffee became like a plug in my throat and I almost choked!
    I had to laugh at the man who thought that the plug was a toffee.
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He plugged a new record of swallowing a toffee whilst laughing out loud!
    "Like rain, I fell for you."
    edited October 2018
    I was eating a toffee and almost suffocated, instead of helping me my husband laughed and I threw a plug at him!
    ----------------------
    I was eating a toffee and almost suffocated and instead of helping me, my husband laughed so I threw a plug at him!
    Toffee is easy to make but can go very wrong, turning into a plug of inedible mess and making everyone laugh as they try to eat it!
    I had used a plug in the wall, and I had to laugh, because I had accidentally put a toffee in the wall.
    In order to make a person laugh, doctors are planning to plug his arteries with toffees.
    edited October 2018
    The man did not like the laugh of his wife, so he put a plug in her mouth and said it was a toffee.
    -----------------
    The man did not like his wife's laugh, so he put a plug in her mouth and said it was a toffee.
    The man did not like his wife's laugh so he plugged her mouth with toffee.
    The bath was full of toffee until she pulled the plug and laughed like a drain.
    edited October 2018
    The Toffee Song is a song to laugh, but Dora has a pair of plugs in her ears and can not hear it! :D

(@Dora - indeed, The Toffee Song exists)
    --------------------
    The Toffee Song is a song to laugh to, but Dora has a pair of plugs in her ears and cannot hear it!
    edited October 2018
    I'll plug in my earphones and make sure to laugh if Michouxe posts (or sings, maybe) the Toffee Song. :joy:
    edited October 2018
    Your plug can not help you, I will laugh loudly, because the song of Toffee is sung by a huge choir. :)
    ------------------
    Your earplug can not help you as I will laugh loudly, because the song of Toffee is sung by a huge choir.
    edited October 2018
    @Dora discovered a new song, The Toffee Song, to sing in the Karaoke session but everyone laughed so she put her earplugs in and carried on regardless!
    edited October 2018
    The members of the Toffee Singers group must use earplugs from their doctor, they became almost deaf and that is not to laugh!😒
    ---------------------
    The members of the Toffee Singers group have to use earplugs from their doctor because they almost became deaf and that is not funny.!
  • JanjardJanjard Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    She could not laugh at it when the toffee she used as a plug in the wall could not keep her bookshelf.
    ----------------
    She could not laugh when the toffee she had used as a plug in the wall would not keep her bookshelf up!
    edited October 2018
    By accidentally the merchant had sold plugs instead toffee's and the buyers could not laugh at it.
    -------------------------
    By accident the merchant had sold plugs instead toffee and the buyers did not find it funny.

@Dora discovered a new song, The Toffee Song, to sing in the Karaoke session but everyone laughed so she put her earplugs in and carried on regardless!

ROFL. That's indeed me, @amatsuscribbler. :joy:

Guys - You may keep the toffee and plug now because we are going to climb the tower.

https://learnenglish.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6104/take-3-words-game-118#latest
    edited October 2018
    I put a plug in the wall and The Toffee Singers start to drool a song to make you laugh crooked.
    ----------------------
    I put the plug in the wall and The Toffee Singers start to drone a song to make you laugh out loud.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 36,687 mod
    He was laughing so hard as he was putting wall-plugs into the wall that the toffee he had been sucking flew out of his mouth and landed on the floor.
    edited October 2018
    He was lucky, because when he put the plugs in the wall and laughed when the toffee landed on the floor, I first thought it was his false teeth.
    ---------------------
    He was lucky, because when he put the plugs in the wall he laughed and when the toffee he was chewing landed on the floor, I thought it was his false teeth.
  • JanjardJanjard Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    He laughed in a weird way because his teeth kept plugging to each other through the toffee.
    --------------------
    He laughed in a weird way because his teeth kept plugging to each other through the toffee when he tried to sing.
    He used the plugs to hang the pictures of his wife, but his wife could not laugh at it, because there was a toffee in the picture in the middle of her nose.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 36,687 mod
    Don't laugh when you are chewing a toffee in your mouth as it has the effect of plugging up your mouth.
    edited October 2018
    I don't want you to laugh when a toffee sticks to my dentures, or I stop the plugs wherever I can! :p
    --------------------
    I don't want you to laugh when a toffee sticks to my dentures, or I will stop the plugs wherever I can!
    Singing my favourite song in the PLUG (Peoples Linguistic Universal Games) competition with toffee in my mouth made the judges scowl and the audience laugh.
This discussion has been closed.