Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There I was on a July morning,
I was looking for love.
With the strength
Of a new day dawning
And the beautiful sun.
And at the sound
Of the first bird singing
I was leaving for home.
With the storm
And the night behind me
Yeah, and a road of my own.

Uriah Heep - July Morning
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Learn English in July

Can money buy happiness?

2»

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 44,378 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to go this time @GemmaRowlands. I want a break after all this moving. Everything seems so much more complicated - getting the gas connected, internet, electricity - and I haven't even started working on informing everyone of the change of address.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    mheredge said:

I can't wait to go this time @GemmaRowlands. I want a break after all this moving. Everything seems so much more complicated - getting the gas connected, internet, electricity - and I haven't even started working on informing everyone of the change of address.

It always takes me ages to inform everyone, but at least here you can just have your mail redirected for six months or so, so you still get everything.
    I might get post redirected for a bit after I get back. The sale of the flat won't go through until some time in February and my neighbour will clear the mailbox if it gets too full. Apart from the Inland Revenue however, I am not really expecting anything!
    This is a powerful short documentary made by a group of women in the UK who depict poverty through eight everyday items.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/ng-interactive/2019/jan/25/fighting-shame-women-leeds-tell-stories-fighting-poverty