Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
April
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

How would you define food science?

NataNata Posts: 3
edited October 2018 in Science and nature
Where chemistry and culture meet on your dinner table

Best Answer

• viciumartisviciumartis Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited October 2018 Accepted Answer
    food science is a very wide term..there are callories to measure, macronutrients, texture, decoration, nutritients..hard to define, there is always something to add to.

Answers

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 37,407 mod
    I think you sum it up well @viciumartis.
    [quote="mheredge;c-267820"]I think you sum it up well @viciumartis.[/quote]

thank you, i had dietetics on university and i remember we were obligated to do seminars and beside measure some kcal to cal and vice verse..

yesterday my future and i had diacussion how we are unable to maintain basics in food, 3 main meals and 2 between, somehow i think that only sportmans are able to live like that ,otherwise i doubt..
    Certainly it would be very difficult for anyone leading a sedentary lifestyle @viciumartis. I have found now I am back home and working at a desk, I need to reduce dramatically what I eat from what I have been consuming during the past two weeks while trekking 12-20 kilometres every day. This afternoon I plan to go for a walk, though in the city it isn't quite the same.
    edited October 2018
    Yeah i meet you there when you say in a town, but somehow you are also able to do some kind of training if you cant afford gym..You know i also have some extra fat, but i am always in the move for 12 hours, carrying paients, driving around the hospital for diagnostics or treatments, sometimes i run when we have injuries in car accidents, you have to push stretchers ,beds,wheels,sometimes on your own..and unfortunatley deceived ones we always carry alone..put them in a fridge, etc..

from surgery to unit and, back and forth..well i still find some extra power and time to do some cicuitry training, litlle punching bag, bench press, push ups or runing..

then we have some around the house jobs like building, chopping woods and lining them up..

But consuming is something else, i also at the moment eat chips, sour and cream ;)
    @viciumartis you have a very active lifestyle and your job is very demanding. I think you deserve it when you induge yourself with chips and cream!
    Thank you, these chips like things are very addictive..chips is at the highest place on my rank of

snacks
    I think this article is very interesting. It gives tips on which foods are the most nutritious.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180126-the-100-most-nutritious-foods