Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
April
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

what's about love ?

my love life is a long story... sometimes i even think that i have never been in love ... it started in first grade and ended in my last year in collage

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 37,529 mod
    I had a very interesting chat with my neighbour, a great-grandmother. She might agree with you @seyfrouini.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 9,149 mod
    I think you know when you're in love, so if you're not sure, you probably haven't. I hope that you fall in love one day!
  • MaxeagleMaxeagle Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I think love is a long term thing. You don't fall in love. You just feel a great attraction for somebody that can later become love if things work out well. I think we tend to conflate passion with love. These are my definitions :
    "Passion" is an immediate, somewhat superficial, powerful, short term thing. It attracts you toward somebody (or something) that can later become more serious and leads you to :
    "Love" that takes more time to appear, is deeper, unbreakable, long term thing.

An other way to put it is to imagine "love" and "passion" like a bond between 2 persons. Passion wears off. Love doesn't.
    I think you are right @Maxeagle. A lot of feel confuse passion with love. I remember a Buddhist teacher saying that many couples 'fall in lust' and that this is not at all the same thing as loving someone.
  • jhoy16jhoy16 Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Love is when you treat others as you want others to treat you.
    Love is being understanding and patient.
    jhoy16 said:

Love is when you treat others as you want others to treat you.

Love is being understanding and patient.

I agree with that a lot. You have to be understanding and patient even when you don't understand why your loved one is doing certain things.
    Everyone I know who's married tells me that it is quite hard and no one really can claim to have a perfect marriage.
    mheredge said:

Everyone I know who's married tells me that it is quite hard and no one really can claim to have a perfect marriage.

Yeah that's true. You do have to work on relationships if you want them to last, and I think that a lot of people give in too easily these days.