Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
April
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Do you like your job ?

JMAROUFJMAROUF Posts: 104 ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Work and Money
love what do you do to do what do you love , it's a very-known phrase that lead to success , you spend more than the third of your day at work , if ,you aren't comfortable you risk a depression that prevents you from succeeding in your life .
- what is your job ?
- do you love it ?
- how many ours do you spend at work ?
- are you under pression to change your career ?
let us exchange ideas !

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 37,424 mod
    I am lucky to have lots of little jobs, all of which I love (I wouldn't do them if I didn't like them). But I know I am in a very fortunate position @JMAROUF. I know how miserable it is to be in a job you don't like as in the last couple of years I was in regular employment, I hated my job.
  • JMAROUFJMAROUF Posts: 104 ✭✭
    that is bad to work without consent , your are lucky , some people have to look for opportunities during their work periods and even when they go to home and that bothers .
    Job satisfaction is so important @JMAROUF. I think everyone wants to feel that there is a purpose to what they are doing, and that the job has some value.
    edited December 2018
    Normally yes @mheredge however lot of people doesn't feel the satisfaction in their job , and specially the first job , they work because they need money and if they don't find another opportunity the life become difficult
  • slhvtndsslhvtnds Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Sure I love. Someone said that;
    İf you find the job that you love, you shouldn't have to work in your life because your hobby is your work anymore.
    edited December 2018
    What kind of job @slhvtnds ?
    My first job as a teacher didn't last long @JMAROUF though I loved my second job.

But now the work I do is much more akin to being like a hobby @slhvtnds. So it is very enjoyable.
    @mheredge you are lucky , for me is different i don't like my job so much , and i am looking for another opportunity
  • slhvtndsslhvtnds Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I am a mechanical enginner @JMAROUF . I am working in a ship design company. Actually being an engineer can not be clasified as a hobby. I meant by saying;

"İf you find the job that you love, you shouldn't have to work in your life because your hobby is your work anymore."

that if you begin to like your department/field, your work is becoming your hobby.

I hope you will get a better job @JMAROUF as soon as possible / or you love your current job. Don't be disappointed.

@mheredge; to be teacher is my second favoute job that I wish to perform (to childeren). However I have no any academical skills about that. What is your second job @mheredge ?
    Thank you @slhvtnds , anyway i will find a solution , i am curious to know the second job of @mheredge , it is secret ? Were you a CIA agent @mheredge lol
    I have several jobs - writing, editing, auditing - a bit of lots of different things which halps make life very interesting @JMAROUF. I'm a bit of a jack of all trades.
    it seems normal to was a writer , by the fact you are very active in this forum and that is good
    @JMAROUF thank you! I try my best to get you to write more. Practice makes perfect.
    if you don't use it , you lose it :wink: @mheredge