Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February

When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Do you like your job ?

JMAROUFJMAROUF Posts: 104 ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Work and Money
love what do you do to do what do you love , it's a very-known phrase that lead to success , you spend more than the third of your day at work , if ,you aren't comfortable you risk a depression that prevents you from succeeding in your life .
- what is your job ?
- do you love it ?
- how many ours do you spend at work ?
- are you under pression to change your career ?
let us exchange ideas !

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 36,096 mod
    I am lucky to have lots of little jobs, all of which I love (I wouldn't do them if I didn't like them). But I know I am in a very fortunate position @JMAROUF. I know how miserable it is to be in a job you don't like as in the last couple of years I was in regular employment, I hated my job.
  • JMAROUFJMAROUF Posts: 104 ✭✭
    that is bad to work without consent , your are lucky , some people have to look for opportunities during their work periods and even when they go to home and that bothers .
    Job satisfaction is so important @JMAROUF. I think everyone wants to feel that there is a purpose to what they are doing, and that the job has some value.
    edited December 2018
    Normally yes @mheredge however lot of people doesn't feel the satisfaction in their job , and specially the first job , they work because they need money and if they don't find another opportunity the life become difficult
  • slhvtndsslhvtnds Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Sure I love. Someone said that;
    İf you find the job that you love, you shouldn't have to work in your life because your hobby is your work anymore.
    edited December 2018
    What kind of job @slhvtnds ?
    My first job as a teacher didn't last long @JMAROUF though I loved my second job.

But now the work I do is much more akin to being like a hobby @slhvtnds. So it is very enjoyable.
    @mheredge you are lucky , for me is different i don't like my job so much , and i am looking for another opportunity
  • slhvtndsslhvtnds Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I am a mechanical enginner @JMAROUF . I am working in a ship design company. Actually being an engineer can not be clasified as a hobby. I meant by saying;

"İf you find the job that you love, you shouldn't have to work in your life because your hobby is your work anymore."

that if you begin to like your department/field, your work is becoming your hobby.

I hope you will get a better job @JMAROUF as soon as possible / or you love your current job. Don't be disappointed.

@mheredge; to be teacher is my second favoute job that I wish to perform (to childeren). However I have no any academical skills about that. What is your second job @mheredge ?
    Thank you @slhvtnds , anyway i will find a solution , i am curious to know the second job of @mheredge , it is secret ? Were you a CIA agent @mheredge lol
    I have several jobs - writing, editing, auditing - a bit of lots of different things which halps make life very interesting @JMAROUF. I'm a bit of a jack of all trades.
    it seems normal to was a writer , by the fact you are very active in this forum and that is good
    @JMAROUF thank you! I try my best to get you to write more. Practice makes perfect.
    if you don't use it , you lose it :wink: @mheredge