Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

What was the best day of your life?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 9,720 mod
edited December 2018 in Home and Family
Everyone has good days, but do you have one that really stands out as being the best day of your life? For me, it was a day that I spent with my grandparents when I was younger. I don't know why, but it stands out to me because I was just so happy.

What about you? What do you think the happiest day of your life is?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,096 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I have had too many 'best' days. I really couldn't choose just one.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 9,720 mod
    mheredge said:

I think I have had too many 'best' days. I really couldn't choose just one.

I think that is a wonderful situation to be, if you have had so many good days that you can't really choose :).
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,096 ✭✭✭✭
    I know one of the 'best fun' days I have had (in fact two day), was when I went canyoning in Nepal. This involves abseiling down waterfalls and it is terrific fun.
  • John23John23 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    My best day was last winter. I attended a class at HBS about leadership and corporate accountability. It was a great experience because a student of MBA introduce to me with all the class. In class, there were students from various countries around the world. That was my best day!
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 9,720 mod
    John23 said:

My best day was last winter. I attended a class at HBS about leadership and corporate accountability. It was a great experience because a student of MBA introduce to me with all the class. In class, there were students from various countries around the world. That was my best day!

That sounds like it would have been a very rewarding day indeed. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!