Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

How did you start doing your hobby?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 9,720 mod
I have been in a brass band for many years, and I started because I had lessons on my instrument at primary school.

It made me wonder how you all got into your hobbies.

So, when did you start your hobby, and what made you start?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,096 ✭✭✭✭
    I started stamp collecting when I was quite young, encouraged by my father who gave me his grandfather's collection. I think this is why I became so fascinated by other countries and geography.
  • Elfish_O_LanternElfish_O_Lantern Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I started Wreck This Journal, an art journal with instructions created by Keri Smith, after watching other people's pages displayed on social media. I started it at the end of year 2017 and finished only early this year.

I can't post pictures yet because I'm a newbie again but later I might be able to display the video in which I turned the pages of my completed exemplary.
    Welcome back @Elfish_O_Lantern. I look forward to seeing some of your art again.
    > @mheredge said:
    > Welcome back @Elfish_O_Lantern. I look forward to seeing some of your art again.

Thank you. I will post some as soon as I can include pics in my posts. :)
    I suppose singing in a choir is a hobby. This is just a continuation from school, when I sang in a choir there. The local church has a choir for some of its services and I have joined as it is fun and only a few minutes walk away. Tomorrow is Palm Sunday so there is a special service.
  • bfluentmanishbfluentmanish Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Hi @mheredge my hobby is in watching motivational video & speech on Youtube.
    I enjoyed while listening speech and thoughts of great person in the field Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev;Sandeep Maheshwari,Vivek Bindra etc.
    I also prepare food my son sometimes like white sauce pasta, grilled sandwich and fried rice.
    > @bfluentmanish said:
    > Hi @mheredge my hobby is in watching motivational video & speech on Youtube.

I love motivational speakers on Youtube too! Lizzie Velasquez is one of my favourites!
    I have to say I get a buzz listening to the Dalai Lama. I find him inspiring.
  • bfluentmanishbfluentmanish Posts: 328 ✭✭
    @mheredge yes Dalai Lama is a inspirational and very respectful person in the world.
    If Dalai Lama gives any statement it becomes talk of the town.He is a very charismatic personalty and spiritual leader of the world.I bow down completely.