Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Where is the strangest place you have slept?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 9,740 mod
There are lots of times when we might not be at home, when we have to sleep in other places rather than our bed.

For me, I haven't really slept anywhere strange, other than on public transport.

But what about you? Where is the strangest place that you have fallen asleep in the past?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,146 ✭✭✭✭
    I have slept in airports and railway stations, usually on the way to places. I don't know what counts as unusual. I have spent the night in a big converted windmill on the Norfolk coast, and a monastery and a nunnery in Nepal.
    edited December 2018
    I've slept in a Mongolian ger (like a yurt).
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 7,957 mod
    I slept in a cinema in Frankfurt on a back home flight. We were so tired and thought it would be a good idea to sleep in one of those chairs.

I slept in one of those plastic chairs in an airport.

I slept on matresses when we moved in our home and the furniture wasn't delievered.
    I have slept on a straw mat in a few places, usually village houses in places like Nepal or Thailand @Hermine.

What do mean by 'I slept in a cinema in Frankfurt on a back home flight'?

I have slept on the floor in airports, and a couple of times on the floor of station waiting rooms in India. One time I fell asleep alone but when I woke up I was surrounded by a dozen nuns from Rajasthan. I once was sleeping on the floor at a friend's house and when I woke up found a cat sleeping on my head!
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 7,957 mod
    I was coming home from a trip to the USA and we thought it'll be a good idea to buy a cinema ticket where we could have enough chairs for a nap.

Gives that more sense? @mheredge

When I was a child we wanted o sleep in our shed. Don't ask me now what we had slept on.
    I just can remember it was raining and rain drops were falling on something hard and it made a strange noise so we gave up and ended finally up in our cosy beds. The moon shone brightly through the wooden wall.
    I remember sleeping outside in a little old tent that my father had when he had visited the Alps with his brother, before he got married. It was a great adventure, even if it was only in our back garden @Hermine.