Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Take 3 words Game 123

Use the 3 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot!

applause

cereal

family

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,066 mod
    The whole family applauded the new cereal they were given for breakfast.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 22,499 mod
    edited January 17
    The family gave a thunderous applause after they tasted the cereals of their new field.
    -----------------
    The family gave thunderous applause after they tasted the cereals from their new field.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
    "Cereal is bad for you!" the doctor told the family, whose members applauded and booed in equal measure.
    edited January 18
    I will applause if we can sell the cereals of the family company.
    ----------------
    I will applaud if we can sell the cereals of our family company.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    My family asked me to eat the cereal , but I didn't like it, but when I did my best to take a bite, they gave me a big applause! :)
    ------------------
    My family asked me to eat the cereal but as I didn't like it I did my best to take a bite and they applauded loudly!

edited January 18
    The family took the cereal to the party and when the guests have tasted them they gave a big applause.
    --------------------
    The family took the cereal to the party and when the guests tasted it they gave them a big clap.
    The advertisement of the cereal was written by the Jansens family from the Netherland, it was a great success, more than an applause worth!
    edited January 17
    After the appearance of the family I was holding the cereals and when I applauded they fell out of my hands.
    I don't know why , but when I eat cereals with my family I always think about the applause in the circus!
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,678 ✭✭✭✭
    I would not get any applause from my family if I served up cereal for breakfast.
    edited January 18
    I would think that the applause didn't come from the family but from the children who love healthy cereals!

Argh! So sorry Michouxe! I have inadvertantly deleted your original post. :'(
    edited January 18
    The newly discovered cereal from the family business were successfully applause.
    -------------------------
    The newly discovered cereal from the family business was successfully applauded.
    The cereals were promoted by the family business where it received an award due the success and the customers gave them an earned applause!
  • NuruNuru Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited January 18
    Heinken is a family of cereal beverages which deserves a huge applause!
    -------------------
    Heinken is a family of cereal beverages which deserves huge applause!
    When the family let us taste the beer of cereal it deserved certainly an applause.
    There was a solstice celebration in the cereal field where the whole family attended and received huge applause.
    edited January 25
    It is always very quite in the circle of cereal, and the family was asked not to applause.
    ------------------
    It is always very quiet in the circle of cereal and the family was asked not to applaud.
    The public applauds after the successful meeting about the much needed cereals in the world.

• JuleeJulee Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    Even if she did not get any enthusiastic applause from the family members for presenting self-made cereal cake but she was the happiest girl at that moment that she did it.
    ---------------------
    Even if she did not get any enthusiastic applause from the family members for presenting her self-made cereal cake, she was the happiest girl in that moment that she did it.
    edited January 25
    @Julee -Is it possible to taste of her self-made successful cereal cake? instead of her family I want to give her a great applause!
    --------------------
    If it it possible to taste her successful self-made cereal cake instead of her family I want to give her great applause!
    edited January 25
    The workers of the family get a great applause when they were finished with stacked up the cereal harvest in the shed.
    ---------------------
    The workers of the family got great applause when they finished stacking up the cereal harvest in the shed.
    edited January 25
    I don't find the cereals in my cabinet, but I assume that someone of the family knows it, because that person has eaten everything, ;) applause please!
    -------------------------
    I can't find the cereals in my cabinet, but I assume that someone of the family knows where they are because that person has eaten everything; applause please!
    edited January 25
    The cereals of Kelloggs deserve an applause because there is for all the children of my family a different taste.

------------------------
    Kelloggs cereals deserve applause because there is choice for all the children of my family.
    The potatoes are expensive, but now our family eats healthy cereals and the children are happy and applaud.
    The potatoes are expensive, but now our family eats healthy cereals and the children are happy and applaud.
    @Paulette :D I like your text of the cereals, family and applause, well done!
  • JuleeJulee Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    In one of my school competition, I was the winner, therefore, awarded a packet of cereals :) . My family was happy and applauded for my success.
    ----------------
    In one of my school competitions I was the winner and therefore awarded a packet of cereal so my family was happy and applauded my success.
    edited January 25
    @Michouxe what a disaster in my mind..... :#

I think I need to eat more cereals as breakfast, but my family was honoured with your applause of my moment of confusion.. :)
    --------------
    I think I need to eat more cereals for breakfast but my family was honoured with your applause of my moment of confusion
  • NuruNuru Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited January 25
    The royal family applaud vegetables to be included on their menu as there is shortage of cereals.
    ----------------
    The royal family applaud the decision for vegetables to be included on their menu as there is shortage of cereals.
    The muesli cereal are very good but are not applaud by the family because they contain too much sugar.
This discussion has been closed.