Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

How to remember English sentences

JohnVanJohnVan Posts: 3
edited January 28 in A Question of English
Hi Every one,
I've learned English and tried to shadow , repeat every English sentence in the lessons I had studied I want to speak English naturally I mean I would say it without thinking about vocabulary and grammar as well. This post hope to find solution from you Thank you !
Best regards
Post edited by JohnVan on

Comments

• TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,051 mod
    @JohnVan - English isn't formulaic. You need to take what you have learnt, and practise in different situations. Play with it, have fun with it, and create sentences that are all your own work.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 9,710 mod
    I think the only way to learn things is to keep practicing, and to use English in as many situations as you can. You are sure to notice improvement if you choose to do this!
  • JuliannaJulianna Posts: 38 ✭✭
    When I try to say something, I often have a situation where some people understand me and some don’t. Also, as I understand, not all people, for example, with one cashier at Costco, we have a chit chat, and with another cashier at WinCo, we get to know each other and just smile because I don’t understand her, and she’s me and we gave up trying . Why it happens?
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭
    When I visited New York once, I was surprised to find so many people couldn't understand my British accent. It was very weird. But a lot of people just did not seem to be able to get my British English accent. And I can't say I always understood them very well either. So I wouldn't worry about it @Julianna.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 7,948 mod
    @JohnVan, when I was starting to learn English I tried to remember single words, but now I find it far better and faster to learn combined words or phrases.

And each new word or phrases should be wrapped in a sentence asasp.