Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

What trend do you find annoying?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 9,720 mod
Is there anything that is popular at the moment that you find annoying? For me, it's the way that certain things are shared on social media, as it feels as though all I see at the moment are pictures of things that people have shared rather than anything that I actually want to see, like what my friends are up to.

What about you? What do you find annoying?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,096 ✭✭✭✭
    I find the obsession with gazing into mobile phones particularly annoying. Some people don't look where they are going, and in restaurants and cafes many people sit and don't even talk to eachother.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 9,720 mod
    mheredge said:

I find the obsession with gazing into mobile phones particularly annoying. Some people don't look where they are going, and in restaurants and cafes many people sit and don't even talk to eachother.

Yes that's true. I hate it when I meet up with a friend and they spend the whole time on their mobile phone when I wanted to catch up with them!
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,096 ✭✭✭✭
    I find older people don't tend to be like this. The past few days in Cornwall, I've found far fewer people who are looking at their mobile phones. But I have seen fewer young people.