Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

How did you meet your oldest friend?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 9,740 mod
I have some friends who I have known since I was at school, and I love being able to catch up with them whenever I can.

Do you have any old friends? Do you still speak to them?

Tell us about how you met!

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I am still in contact with a couple of schoolfriends I knew at primary school, when I was about 9 or 10. I am also in touch with a few more who I met at secondary school, from 11 years old. As I live abroad, I don't speak to them so much face to face, but I will be seeing one classmate this evening who I have known since I was 11. Facebook helps us keep up to date however.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 9,740 mod
    mheredge said:

I am still in contact with a couple of schoolfriends I knew at primary school, when I was about 9 or 10. I am also in touch with a few more who I met at secondary school, from 11 years old. As I live abroad, I don't speak to them so much face to face, but I will be seeing one classmate this evening who I have known since I was 11. Facebook helps us keep up to date however.

Yes, I think that Facebook really is good for things like that, as it means that it doesn't matter where you are in the world, you will still be able to speak to people.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Most of my more recent friends however, I think I've met on my travels, sitting next to them in a café or train for example.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 9,740 mod
    mheredge said:

Most of my more recent friends however, I think I've met on my travels, sitting next to them in a café or train for example.

I always find that it is in the most random situations where you will meet the friends that you keep for the longest.