Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

What do/did you like the most about school?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 9,740 mod
I know a lot of people complain about school, but I always quite liked it. I liked the fact that I got to learn lots of things about different subjects, and I liked that I got to see my friends every day.

What about you? What did you like the most about school?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I liked school. I was a bit of a swot I suppose, but best of all was the group of friends from my class.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 9,740 mod
    mheredge said:

I liked school. I was a bit of a swot I suppose, but best of all was the group of friends from my class.

I was, too. My partner's son doesn't understand why I enjoyed school, as he doesn't like it at all, but I don't remember there ever being a time when I didn't like it.
    I suppose it depends on how much your partner's son enjoys studying (not all kids do) and also how he gets on with classmates and the teachers. I tutored a boy once who wasn't enjoying school much and it turned out it was because the girls in his class were being mean to him. I taught him all sorts of things to do so that he could get his own back and it wasn't long before he wasn't disliking school so much.
  • ydogan85ydogan85 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    graduation days were great😀
    Hahaha @ydogan85. For me I wasn't very keen on graduation days and don't even have an official photo for my first degree. I don't like ceremonies.
    ydogan85 said:

graduation days were great😀

I remember when I graduated from university, and I had a photo taken with my friends from my course, and we were all very pleased with ourselves.
    I still have a school photo with all 600 of us posing.
    mheredge said:

I still have a school photo with all 600 of us posing.

How many people on that photo can you name? I have a similar photo, but sadly my memory no longer allows me to name everyone on it.. which I never thought would happen to me!
    I can manage all of my class (30) and about half from the other two classes in my year @GemmaRowlands. I didn't really know anyone from any of the years above or below.
    mheredge said:

I can manage all of my class (30) and about half from the other two classes in my year @GemmaRowlands. I didn't really know anyone from any of the years above or below.

I remember everyone from primary school, but put the photo with 200 people on and there are far too many blanks in my memory, which I think is sad.
    Interestingly I don't remember anyone from primary school but I am not sure where any of the class photos from those years are. Maybe my mother has them somewhere @GemmaRowlands.
    mheredge said:

Interestingly I don't remember anyone from primary school but I am not sure where any of the class photos from those years are. Maybe my mother has them somewhere @GemmaRowlands.

I am a member of a site on Facebook about memories from my old school, so photos pop up of me all the time, which is good to see.
    It seems that it is not only students who don't always like school, but if this report is accurate, a fifth of teachers plan to leave their professions within the next two years. Excessive workloads are to blame for this.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/apr/16/fifth-of-teachers-plan-to-leave-profession-within-two-years?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZGF5cy0xOTA0MTY=&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email