Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February

When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

What do/did you like the most about school?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 8,729 mod
I know a lot of people complain about school, but I always quite liked it. I liked the fact that I got to learn lots of things about different subjects, and I liked that I got to see my friends every day.

What about you? What did you like the most about school?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 36,162 mod
    I liked school. I was a bit of a swot I suppose, but best of all was the group of friends from my class.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 8,729 mod
    mheredge said:

I liked school. I was a bit of a swot I suppose, but best of all was the group of friends from my class.

I was, too. My partner's son doesn't understand why I enjoyed school, as he doesn't like it at all, but I don't remember there ever being a time when I didn't like it.
    I suppose it depends on how much your partner's son enjoys studying (not all kids do) and also how he gets on with classmates and the teachers. I tutored a boy once who wasn't enjoying school much and it turned out it was because the girls in his class were being mean to him. I taught him all sorts of things to do so that he could get his own back and it wasn't long before he wasn't disliking school so much.
  • ydogan85ydogan85 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    graduation days were great😀
    Hahaha @ydogan85. For me I wasn't very keen on graduation days and don't even have an official photo for my first degree. I don't like ceremonies.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 8,729 mod
    ydogan85 said:

graduation days were great😀

I remember when I graduated from university, and I had a photo taken with my friends from my course, and we were all very pleased with ourselves.
    I still have a school photo with all 600 of us posing.