Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Step by step Story 21

1235»

Comments

• verom_gonzalezverom_gonzalez Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭✭
    Where can she be?

Early in the morning, there was much despair and chaos at the elementary school of a newly appointed teacher. Nobody knew how a nice girl could suddenly disappear from school. Was it because of fear or was there some other unknown event?

Christian, the new teacher, was worried and started thinking about the woman whose pupils had a test that day and one of them had told him that her classmate, Inge, was crying inconsolably. So the teacher asked: "What else do you know about this matter?"

The boy hesitated a moment and said: "You have to ask her best friend, Sara. You know, girls understand each other."

Then, at the same time, another teacher entered the classroom. It was Angelique, the last person who had seen Inge hidden in the teacher's toilets. When the teacher asked her why she was there, her reaction was surprising because she said: "I was running away from an invisible creature" whereupon he had answered laughing: "Are you kidding? That's impossible!"

"But what, if she did see something?" he thought. Perhaps she was threatened and had fled because of an existing problem. So, he asked her: "Can I help you? What did you see?" But she was so upset that she fell silent, ran out to the school yard and then disappeared.

When Inge's parents knew, they came to the school immediately. There, the director asked them if their daughter had any troubles that they knew about. But they had no idea because their daughter always used to be happy.

So it was a new situation and they had also a lot of questions. How is it possible a girl disappeared in the school? Could she be so anxious that she had tried to hide? Was the creature she mentioned real? Nobody else had seen it so could Inge have had an hallucination?

Suddenly the mother said: "She used to hide in the most unimaginable places. Have you looked for her in the stockpiled cardboard boxes, in lockers and wardrobes? From time to time she used to play in those places, especially if she felt afraid."

"Let's start looking there to provide for her safety" the teacher said.

After a while of searching Inge appeared in the group, suddenly from behind a chair, and said:

"How did you find me! I was chatting with the invisible creature, and he told me. He is the ghost of my grandfather called Joseph."

The cry of her mum startled everyone: "He was my father who always talked about ghosts, but he died last month and I never believed those stories, but now I am shivering with fear. How can my father make her so fiery in his spell?"

"He also told me about his special endowment, and that I inherited it and on that way we remain near each other."
    All the people around were surprised for her words and they understood that our loved ones continue in contact with their relatives in some way or another.
    But they also understood we should let them go........
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 22,944 mod
    Where can she be?

Early in the morning, there was much despair and chaos at the elementary school of a newly appointed teacher. Nobody knew how a nice girl could suddenly disappear from school. Was it because of fear or was there some other unknown event?

Christian, the new teacher, was worried and started thinking about the woman whose pupils had a test that day and one of them had told him that her classmate, Inge, was crying inconsolably. So the teacher asked: "What else do you know about this matter?"

The boy hesitated a moment and said: "You have to ask her best friend, Sara. You know, girls understand each other."

Then, at the same time, another teacher entered the classroom. It was Angelique, the last person who had seen Inge hidden in the teacher's toilets. When the teacher asked her why she was there, her reaction was surprising because she said: "I was running away from an invisible creature" whereupon he had answered laughing: "Are you kidding? That's impossible!"

"But what, if she did see something?" he thought. Perhaps she was threatened and had fled because of an existing problem. So, he asked her: "Can I help you? What did you see?" But she was so upset that she fell silent, ran out to the school yard and then disappeared.

When Inge's parents knew, they came to the school immediately. There, the director asked them if their daughter had any troubles that they knew about. But they had no idea because their daughter always used to be happy.

So it was a new situation and they had also a lot of questions. How is it possible a girl disappeared in the school? Could she be so anxious that she had tried to hide? Was the creature she mentioned real? Nobody else had seen it so could Inge have had an hallucination?

Suddenly the mother said: "She used to hide in the most unimaginable places. Have you looked for her in the stockpiled cardboard boxes, in lockers and wardrobes? From time to time she used to play in those places, especially if she felt afraid."

After a while of searching Inge appeared in the group, suddenly from behind a chair, and said:

"How did you find me! I was chatting with the invisible creature, and he told me. He is the ghost of my grandfather called Joseph."

The cry of her mum startled everyone: "He was my father who always talked about ghosts, but he died last month and I never believed those stories, but now I am shivering with fear. How can my father make her so fiery in his spell?"

"He also told me about his special endowment, and that I inherited it and on that way we remain near each other."
    All the people around were surprised for her words and they understood that our loved ones continue in contact with their relatives in some way or another.
    But they also understood we should let them go, but their life was important.....
    Where can she be?

But they also understood we should let them go, but their life was important to remember them. Then........
    Where can she be?

But they also understood we should let them go, but their life was important to remember them. Then resounded the school bell........
    Where can she be?

But they also understood we should let them go, but their life was important to remember them. Then resounded the school bell, which meant the end...........
    Where can she be?

But they also understood we should let them go, but their life was important to remember them. Then resounded the school bell, which meant the end of a terrific but poignant day........
    edited March 7
    Where can she be?

But they also understood we should let them go, but their life was important to remember them. Then, resounded the school bell, which meant the end of a terrific but poignant day.

"Well, we've had an.......
    Post edited by verom_gonzalez on
    Where can she be?

But they also understood we should let them go, but their life was important to remember them. Then, resounded the school bell, which meant the end of a terrific but poignant day.

"Well, we've had an busy day to search.......
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,069 mod
    Where can she be?

When Inge's parents heard, they came to the school immediately. There, the director asked them if their daughter had any troubles that they knew about. But they had no idea because their daughter always used to be happy.

So it was a new situation and they had also a lot of questions. How was it possible for a girl to disappear in the school? Could she be so anxious that she had tried to hide? Was the creature she mentioned real? Nobody else had seen it so could Inge have had an hallucination?

After a while searching, Inge appeared in the group, suddenly from behind a chair, and said:

Her mum's cry startled everyone: "He was my father who always talked about ghosts, but he died last month and I never believed those stories, but now I am shivering with fear. How can my father make her so fiery in his spell?"

"He also told me about his special endowment, and that I had inherited it and in that way we remain near each other."

All the people around were surprised at her words and they understood that our loved ones continue contact with their relatives in some way or another.

But they also understood we should let them go, but their life was important and we should remember them. Then the school bell resounded, which meant the end of a terrific but poignant day.

"Well, we've had a busy day searching" said the head " Now................
    Where can she be?

When Inge's parents heard, they came to the school immediately. There, the director asked them if their daughter had any troubles that they knew about. But they had no idea because their daughter always used to be happy.

So it was a new situation and they had also a lot of questions. How was it possible for a girl to disappear in the school? Could she be so anxious that she had tried to hide? Was the creature she mentioned real? Nobody else had seen it so could Inge have had an hallucination?

After a while searching, Inge appeared in the group, suddenly from behind a chair, and said:

Her mum's cry startled everyone: "He was my father who always talked about ghosts, but he died last month and I never believed those stories, but now I am shivering with fear. How can my father make her so fiery in his spell?"

"He also told me about his special endowment, and that I had inherited it and in that way we remain near each other."

All the people around were surprised at her words and they understood that our loved ones continue contact with their relatives in some way or another.

But they also understood we should let them go, but their life was important and we should remember them. Then the school bell resounded, which meant the end of a terrific but poignant day.

"Well, we've had a busy day searching" said the head " Now is it time to......
    Where can she be?

"But what, if she did see something?" he thought. Perhaps she was threatened and had fled because of an existing problem. So, he asked her: "Can I help you? What did you see?" But she was so upset that she fell silent, ran out to the schoolyard and then disappeared.

So it was a new situation and they had also a lot of questions. How was it possible for a girl to disappear in the school? Could she be so anxious that she had tried to hide? Was the creature she mentioned real? Nobody else had seen it so could Inge have had a hallucination?

"Let's start looking there to provide for her safety," the teacher said.

All the people around were surprised at her words and they understood that our loved ones continue in contact with their relatives in some way or another.

"Well, we've had a busy day searching," said the head. "Now, it is time to come back home and.........
    Where can she be?

"But what, if she did see something?" he thought. Perhaps she was threatened and had fled because of an existing problem. So, he asked her: "Can I help you? What did you see?" But she was so upset that she fell silent, ran out to the schoolyard and then disappeared.

So it was a new situation and they had also a lot of questions. How was it possible for a girl to disappear in the school? Could she be so anxious that she had tried to hide? Was the creature she mentioned real? Nobody else had seen it so could Inge have had a hallucination?

All the people around were surprised at her words and they understood that our loved ones continue in contact with their relatives in some way or another.

"Well, we've had a busy day searching," said the head. "Now, it is time to come back home and to relax while thinking......
    Where can she be?

"Well, we've had a busy day searching," said the head. "Now, it is time to come back home and to relax while thinking of our loved ones......
    Where can she be?

"Well, we've had a busy day searching," said the head. "Now, it is time to come back home and to relax while thinking of our loved ones.
    This amazing but exiting.....
    Where can she be?

"Well, we've had a busy day searching," said the head. "Now, it is time to come back home and to relax while thinking of our loved ones.
    This amazing but exciting experience has helped us.........
    Where can she be?

This amazing but exciting experience has helped us to appreciate the impact........
    Where can she be?

This amazing but exciting experience has helped us to appreciate the impact of others' feelings in our lives...........
    Where can she be?

This amazing but exciting experience has helped us to appreciate the impact of others' feelings in our lives. And so we realize.......
    Where can she be?

This amazing but exciting experience has helped us to appreciate the impact of others' feelings in our lives. And so we realize the importance of our.........
    Where can she be?

This amazing but exciting experience has helped us to appreciate the impact of others' feelings in our lives. And so we realize the importance of our live that print a stamp.......
    Where can she be?

This amazing but exciting experience has helped us to appreciate the impact of others' feelings in our lives. And so we realize the importance of our live that print a stamp on the lives of other people".......
    Where can she be?

This amazing but exciting experience has helped us to appreciate the impact of others' feelings in our lives. And so we realize the importance of our live that print a stamp on the lives of other people"
    So make of your.....
    Where can she be?

This amazing but exciting experience has helped us to appreciate the impact of others' feelings in our lives. And so we realize the importance of our live that print a stamp on the lives of other people"
    So make of your actions something pleasant for others.......
    Where can she be?

So make of your actions something pleasant for others, and continue this thought.......
    Where can she be?

So make of your actions something pleasant for others, and continue this thought as a way of life.
    Where can she be?

So make of your actions something pleasant for others, and continue this thought as a way of life.

I am hoping to realise it! :)
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    Where can she be?

I am hoping to realize it after sometime but there....
    Where can she be?

I am hoping to realize it after sometime but there has to be more.......
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,069 mod
    Where can she be?

"Well, we've had a busy day searching," said the head. "Now, it is time to go back home and to relax while thinking of our loved ones. This amazing but exciting experience has helped us to appreciate the impact of others' feelings in our lives. And so we realize the importance of our life that prints a stamp on the lives of other people. So make of your actions something pleasant for others, and continue this thought as a way of life."

I am hoping to realize it after sometime but there has to be more. Or does there?
This discussion has been closed.