Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
March
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Take 3 words Game 126

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,932 mod
Use the 3 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot!

sale

train

thunder

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,932 mod
    I went to the sales on the train in the rain but the thunder was awful.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 19,083 mod
    edited March 7
    My boss was like a thundered train because I haven't sold anything at the sale.
    -----------------
    My boss was like a thunder train because I hadn't sold anything in the sale.
    My boss is like a thunder train because I haven't sold anything in the sale.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    I was in the shopping mall for sale, when I suddenly thought I heard a train, but I was wrong, because it was the sound of a heavy thunder.
    ---------------
    I was in the shopping mall for the sale, when suddenly I thought I heard a train but I was wrong because it was the sound of heavy thunder.
    edited March 7
    I bought clothes to train in a sale, but at the first time I wear them I ended up in a thunderstorm.
    ---------------
    I bought new training clothes in the sale but the first time I wore them I ended up in a thunderstorm.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,932 mod
    I bought a train called 'Thunder and Lightning' in the sale but my wife was not happy!
    Thinking about the sale, the lady thundered from the stairs as she got on the train.
    The old train sounds like a thunderclap when it drives and is therefore for sale.
    Because of a thunderstorm the goods train couldn't leave, so the sale of the stuff was canceled.
    Yesterday there was a heavy thunderstorm in the whole country, trains were not allowed to drive anymore and the sale was stopped everywhere, because everyone wanted to stay at home.
    Due to a violent thunderstorm the train blocked and the people were discontent because they missed the bargain sale.
    When Miss Marple travels by train, she writes a book called "Thunder in the Orient Express". I'm sure the sales will be good.
    The price for the sale of the diesel train sounded like thunder from the blue.
  • hamoudi27hamoudi27 Posts: 9
    I like the ticket sale of the train and enjoy the travel under the rain and thunder
    When I leave the train there was a big thunderstorm, so I bought an umbrella in the sale.
    Today I went to the sale, but because I want to be home soon, before it starts to rain and thunder, I will take the next express train.
    I had a lot of bad luck today, the sale of second-hand stuff was canceled, and when I returned home I ended up in a thunderstorm and the last train just left the station.
    Today it was very windy and we were afraid of the predicted thunderstorms in the whole country. Therefore we decided not to use our train tickets and to stay at home. But I'm so sad that I missed the last bargain day!
    The train thundered with hellish noise into the station and because I was so shocked, I dropped my bag with my stuff of the sale.
    In the sale I had bought a toy train for my husband , but he pulled a face like a thundercloud.
  • JanjardJanjard Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭✭
    For sale, the dramatic 12-hour movie: STEAM TRAIN IN THE WIND, RAIN AND THUNDER.

Because of the thunder I was scared and I hidden under the bank in the train station and so I forgot the sale.
    The train thundered over the rails and brought us safety to the mall, so we could enjoy the clearance sale.
    When I trained for the marathon, there was a thunderstorm and I ended up in a crowd in front of the door of the sale house.
    edited March 18
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/big-thunder-mountain-railroad/
    The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Disneyland is not for sale, but you can buy a ticket for the park and take a ride in the oldfashioned train.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLpYMeniwA
    edited March 18
    @Janjard you forgot to mention the word 'train'.
    Paulette said:

@Janjard you forgot to mention the word 'train'.

Thank you @Paulette.
    edited March 19
    This heavy thunderstorm is not a perfect day to enjoy the sale, but instead I like a day trip by train!
    Post edited by Michouxe on
    @Michouxe, do you mean thunderstorm?
    edited March 19
    A railroad belongs to a train, just like thunder belongs to the lightning and what often goes with the sale: a lot of stuff that you don't actually need!
    edited March 19
    A couple was on the train and then suddenly the man said with a voice as a thunder, darling what did you buy in the sale?
    Post edited by Paulette on