Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In the merry month of May
When green leaves begin to spring,
Little lambs do skip like fairies,
Birds do couple, build, and sing.
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Learn English in May

Family

SystemSystem Posts: 32 mod
edited May 2019 in Home and Family
This discussion was created from other comments.
Tagged:

Comments

• Elfish_O_LanternElfish_O_Lantern Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Hi everyone, sorry for not participating much these days.
    My grandad has been in the hospital for a week and he's getting worse and worse.
    I am not writing this so you feel sorry for me.
    It's complicated. My grandad has always been a patriarch, always wanted to be right, criticizing our family,
    but at the end of the day he's still my brother and I's grandad, my dad's father and my mother's father in law.
    We also had pleasant times together, when he was prompt to laughing or enjoying a good meal with us.
    Through a cancer he battled and recovered from, he amended his rough ways, now he has other serious health issues, I think he realized that when there's not much time left it's pointless living with a negative mind and negative energy.
    No talk of religion on this forum, I will just say he's achieved his earthly experience and I wish for his soul to be lighter and more serene.

Just a last point for everyone reading this: Be kind. Be thoughtful. Try to thrive and not beat yourself up or cause pain to others. Life is not easy, but it's a bit easier when your soul is brighter.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 43,393 ✭✭✭✭
    @Elfish_O_Lantern "Be kind. Be thoughtful. Try to thrive and not beat yourself up or cause pain to others. Life is not easy, but it's a bit easier when your soul is brighter." These words could not be more wise and a guide to us all.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    It is good to see you here and I am sorry to hear about your grandad. I hope that you are okay, and that you stay strong.
    > @GemmaRowlands said:
    > It is good to see you here and I am sorry to hear about your grandad. I hope that you are okay, and that you stay strong.

Thank you for asking, I'm fine. I'm just sharing this as a life lesson. Yesterday we spent 3 and half hours with him and he was happy to have caring people at his bedside.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod

> @GemmaRowlands said:

> It is good to see you here and I am sorry to hear about your grandad. I hope that you are okay, and that you stay strong.

Thank you for asking, I'm fine. I'm just sharing this as a life lesson. Yesterday we spent 3 and half hours with him and he was happy to have caring people at his bedside.

That is nice, I am sure that enjoyed spending time with you, as family is very important.
    News update: My grandad can be saved (well, his illness has been well treated). Problem is he did not eat for almost 15 days in a row! They gave him a perf of glucose, but it is not enough, and my mum succeeded in making him drink hyper calorific drinks. The dietician is keeping the job on nourishing him this way. The main problem is that he's very depressed and doesn't fight for his life, but he seems happy evertime we visit him so I hope he will try more.
    Hi everyone, sad news: my grandad passed away yesterday at 2 am. We got a phone call from the hospital at 10pm saying his state was getting worse and we drove to the hospital. Fortunately he did not die alone as he feared. My parents and I were by his side till the end, he just fell asleep and passed peacefully.
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,429 mod
    I am sorry to hear that @Elfish. It is good that you were with him at the end. Try to keep those happy memories alive.
    Thanks @Teach <3
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss and it is wonderful that you and your family could be with him @Elfish_O_Lantern.
    Thank you @mheredge <3
  • HermineHermine Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭✭
    My new oven makes me trouble. We aren't friends, I hope we will do well in future.

Hermine said:

My new oven gives me trouble. We aren't friends, I hope we will do well in future.

What's wrong with it Hermine?
    Nothing, it works perfectly well, just I am not used to it.

I think each oven is different in using.
    I'm still learning about mine, one year on @Hermine. I suppose I should read the manual.
    edited February 16
    My oven is a simple one with ordinary hobs and I don't think the manual can replace personal experience made by oneself.