Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Learn English in September

If you could change one thing about your house..

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 10,331 mod
If you could change one thing about your house, what would it be?
We are updating all of the rooms in our home at the moment, so it made me wonder, if you could change one thing, what would you change?
I would change the bathroom, as I would like a jacuzzi bath (and we are having one of those put in!)

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 44,788 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in an apartment so if it could be a house instead with a small garden, it would be nice. However if I had to lose my view to the sea and the hills, I don't think I would change anything about it.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    mheredge said:

I'm in an apartment so if it could be a house instead with a small garden, it would be nice. However if I had to lose my view to the sea and the hills, I don't think I would change anything about it.

Having a garden is lovely, but a view can be wonderful too so you're right, definitely keep hold of that!
    I have lost one or two plants while I was away, but probably would have lost even more if I hadn't been away as my neighbour did a great job watering everything. I have come back to a riot of colour.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    If I could change one thing about my house right now, I would like an extra room. We run a business and have to hire space, but it would be much easier if we had room for an office at home.
    I agree, this is the only thing I'd change about my place. A second bedroom would be quite useful. As it is, the living room is spacious and can be used if necessary.