Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Learn English in June

Phrasal Verb Challenge #15 - Drop around/Drop by.

DoraDora Posts: 5,395 Inactive
Hi guys!

I know it's been a long while but here's another PVC! Previously - I challenged my forum friends with some of the phrasal verbs with the word drop. (https://learnenglish.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/2986/phrasal-verb-challenge-2-drop-in-drop-off-drop-out#latest)

But that doesn't end there. Yesterday, we discussed some more (actually 2) phrasal verbs with drop, in a session. Here they are:

=> Drop around - (visit someone, often without making arrangements.) OR (to deliver)

=> Drop by - (pay a brief visit)

The challenge is to write a short story or some sentences using these phrasal verbs. Are you ready?

Comments

• DoraDora Posts: 5,395 Inactive
    @Ezîza - If you ever drop by, please don't forget to drop around your sentences or a paragraph here. ;)
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 48,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Dora said:

@Ezîza - If you ever drop by, please don't forget to drop off your sentences or a paragraph here. ;)

• almog250almog250 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Hi, I drop around my grandma all out because she is sick and I had to care here.

If every comes to Israel you should drop by Tel Aviv there are great beaches here.
  • youssefabi1990youssefabi1990 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Hi,
    Due to the Corona Virus, I didn't get any drop around anymore
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,636 mod

Due to the Corona Virus, I don't get to drop around anymore.
    or

Due to the Corona Virus, no one drops around anymore.
This discussion has been closed.