Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Learn English in September

What is your favourite quality time?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 10,331 mod
If you have a partner, what is your favourite way to spend time with them?

For me, I like it when we are able to just go for walks and enjoy each other's company, as we can catch up on what we need to tell each other.

What about you? What is your best idea of quality time?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 44,788 ✭✭✭✭
    For me quality time tends to mean time by myself doing something I enjoy - maybe reading, sketching or just writing to my friends.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    That sounds good to me! If I want quality time with myself, I will either watch a film or do a jigsaw puzzle.
    Reading a book is my favourite way to have time for myself. Somehow it's a good way to avoid being interrupted too.
  • HermineHermine Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    I want absolutely being alone when I do my stretching exercises. I'm deeply in focusing the instructors advises and there is no interrupting wished.
    I put off all the clothes that boxes me.
    Since a few days I've added some breathing methods to my daily work outs.

That's my quality time.
    I keep meaning to set aside some time first thing in the morning to follow your example @Hermine. I came close yesterday morning when I set off to join an outdoor keep fit class in the local park. However when I reached the street outside my building I discovered it was drizzling, so I aborted my plans as the classes are always cancelled when it rains. I need to get into a routine!
  • fawad81fawad81 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    my favourite quality time is to spend my time on internet focusing on my esl skills and sometimes going through business news
    I think my favourite quality time currently is cooking and also going out for a walk. During these times of lockdowns, here in France we are only allowed up to one hour to go out to get some exercise. Unfortunately today the weather isn't very nice, but as soon as I finish this comment, I am going to go out for my allowed walk!