Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Learn English in February

Egypt

mheredgemheredge Posts: 41,662 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Countries and Travel
Everyone knows Egypt for its famous ancient pyramids. But there is a lot more to this country than ancient history. (THere's an interesting introduction to Egypt's ancient history here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt).

It is also the world's thirtieth largest country. And 98% of Egyptians live on 3% of the territory.

I don't want to steal @taghried's thunder as she will be giving a little presentation at this Friday's 8am speaking session with Marianne (6 December). But if there are any other Egyptian students here, anyone who has visited or is interested in this magnificent country, ask you questions and make your comments here.

I have to say, this Egyptian dish looks delicious.

Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 41,662 ✭✭✭✭
    @taghried have you anything to share on your country? Can you suggest what sorts of things and places we should see if we were to visit?
  • taghriedtaghried Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    Oh, I remember that session @mheredge . It will be my pleasure to share places that I visited which are not so many. it's only two cities in upper Egypt and another two coastal cities.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 41,662 ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any special recipes that you can share with us @taghried? I have just been cooking a Turkish recipe. Sadly most people who haven't tried Turkish food just think of kebabs and don't realise what a wonderful cuisine can be found there.