Hello.

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Learn English in September

People should tolerate the adversity or not.

lisalisa Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭
The topic is as the following:
Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory, job or shortage of money. Others argue that it is better to try and improve such situations.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Here is my essay:

Nowadays, people have more alternatives if they are not satisfied with their jobs or incomes. However, some people hold the view that it is judicious to withstand these situations, their counterparts/companions believe that they should try their best to alter the adversity. From my perspective, I tend to agree with the latter standpoint.

It is undeniable that there are several occasions in which employers are better to tolerate the bad situation. For example, the outbreak of novel coronavirus has brought numerous disaters not only to human beings' health but also to the economy. In order to survive in this battle, employees have to descry methods to tackle their economic crises and degrading salary is usually given priority to. Under this circumstance, the key task for all employers is to preserve their jobs instead of augmenting their job satisfaction or applying for higher salary. Besides that, the job satisfaction as well as money is usually not splendid for those new employers who lack realted experience, it is advisable for them to acquire as much knowledge as possible at this step rather than pursuing advantageous situations.

Although there are various inescapable scenarios for staff to accept the adverse situation, they should try their best to enhance their current condition. If they continued to live in such situation, not only their career but also their personal life would be impacted. Moreover, they, as sophisticated workers, are deserved to enjoy fantastic working surroundings, and their families should be rewared by a luxury trip or an opulent department because they play a pivotal role in their achievement. Those will boost the employers' working efficiency and productivity, furthermore, the overall competition of the company will be strengthened dramatically.

In conclusion, it is true that there are some factores which force workers to accompany with an unsatisfied job, nevertheless, it is sagacious for them to improve the situation for their career and their household.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 49,060 ✭✭✭✭
    lisa said:

The topic is as the following:
    Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory, job or shortage of money. Others argue that it is better to try and improve such situations.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Here is my essay:

Nowadays, people have more alternatives if they are not satisfied with their jobs or incomes. However, some people hold the view that it is judicious to withstand these situations, their counterparts believe that they should try their best to alter the adversity. From my perspective, I tend to agree with the latter standpoint.

It is undeniable that there are several occasions in which employees are better off to tolerate the bad situation. For example, the outbreak of novel coronavirus has brought numerous disasters not only to human beings' health but also to the economy. In order to survive in this battle, employers have to find methods to tackle their economic crisis and degrading salaries is usually given priority. Under this circumstance, the key task for all employees is to preserve their jobs instead of augmenting their job satisfaction or applying for higher salary. Besides that, the job satisfaction as well as money is usually not splendid for those new employees who lack relevant experience. It is advisable for them to acquire as much knowledge as possible at this stage rather than pursuing advantageous situations.

Although there are various inescapable scenarios for staff to accept the adverse situation, they should try their best to enhance their current condition. If they continued to live in such situation, not only their career but also their personal life would be impacted. Moreover, they, as sophisticated workers, deserve to enjoy fantastic working surroundings, and their families should be rewarded by a luxury trip or an opulent apartment because they play a pivotal role in their achievement. Those will boost the employees' working efficiency and productivity, furthermore, the overall competition of the company will be strengthened dramatically.

In conclusion, it is true that there are some factors which force workers to tolerate an unsatisfactory job, nevertheless, it is sagacious for them to improve the situation for their career and their household.

Under normal circumstances I can understand anyone wanting to improve their job situation. However right now, I think those people who still have jobs must be grateful that they still have work. Unemployment due to the virus is going to be a horrendous problem worldwide for some time to come!
  • lisalisa Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭
    @mheredge Yes, I agree with you, in current circumstance, we'd better keep our jobs rather than quiting it, however, I have to make my final decision in tonight or tomorrow.
    I hope you come to the decision that is best for you @lisa.
    @mheredge I have made my final decision, and reported to my director, she gave me some advices and I am trying my best to descry a method to address my current adversity. Life is tough and I miss my single life very much.
    Good luck @lisa. 'Courage!' as the french say. The word is the same in French as it is in English.
    @mheredge Thanks and I am confident that everything will pass smoothly, my babies will grow old enough to take care of themselves, and I have a plan to enhance myself during this period, for example, taking part in an exam to get a teaching accreditation related to English.