Hello.

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Learn English in September

Take FIVE words! Game 135

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 4,689 mod
Just for a change! - use the 5 words given in ONE sentence. It's definitely not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot! (One correction a day!)

ashes

flirt

hotel

umbrella

fireman

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 4,689 mod
    The fireman was flirting with me under the umbrella in the ashes of the old hotel where we had first met.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 36,026 mod
    edited June 2020
    When the fireman cleaned-up the ashes in the hotel, he found the umbrella used during flirting in the rain.
    ------------------
    When the fireman cleaned up the ashes in the hotel, he found the umbrella and used it to flirt in the rain.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 49,060 ✭✭✭✭
    In the hotel I saw the fireman was flirting with me, brushing off ashes from his umbrella as we laughed.
    edited June 2020
    The fireman saw the girl with the umbrella coming out of the hotel and running to the ash tree to flirt with a handsome guy.
    -----------------
    The fireman saw the girl with the umbrella coming out of the hotel and running to the ash tree to flirt with a handsome guy.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 49,060 ✭✭✭✭
    Paulette said:

The fireman saw the girl with the umbrella coming out of the hotel and running to the ash tree to flirt with a pretty guy.

Generally you shouldn't really describe a guy as 'pretty' @Paulette. He might not be too happy. Handsome or good looking might be better.
    Thanks @mheredgeI searched and yes I found the description that the word pretty is for girls and handsome for boys.
This discussion has been closed.