Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Learn English in May

Are you usually on time or late? How many minutes is ‘late’ for you?

DingDing Posts: 16 ✭✭
Writing topic from here: https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/skills/writing/beginner-a1/a-message-to-say-youre-late

Please give me feedback and correction :D

If you are interested by this topic, post your writing please ;)

My writing:

I'm usually on time. I think it's impolite to keep others waiting, and I know it's not a good feeling while waiting for others. If I had an appointment with someone, I would expect they show up on time plus-minus 10 minutes. If they or I show up after 10 minutes, I would say it’s ‘late’. However, it also depends on what we’ve planned to do. If we’re going to watch a movie, catch a bus, those are things that can't wait, so even one minute would definitely be ’late’. If we've planned to spend time in the park, as long as I can wait, it’s not ’late’.
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 44,095 ✭✭✭✭
    Ding said:

Writing topic from here: https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/skills/writing/beginner-a1/a-message-to-say-youre-late

Please give me feedback and correction :D

If you are interested by this topic, post your writing please ;)

My writing:

I'm usually on time. I think it's impolite to keep others waiting, and I know it's not a good feeling while waiting for others. If I had an appointment with someone, I would expect they show up on time plus orminus 10 minutes. If they or I show up after 10 minutes, I would say it’s ‘late’. However, it also depends on what we’ve planned to do. If we’re going to watch a movie or/b> catch a bus, those are things that can't wait, so even one minute would definitely be ’late’. If we've planned to spend time in the park, as long as I can wait, it’s not ’late’.

Very good @Ding. I am about to go out to meet a couple of friends for a walk in the park. I hope they won't be late! I agree that up to ten minutes is acceptable however. I never wait for than twenty minutes. But in this day and age, usually it is possible to contact eachother easily enough to warn of any delay.