Hello.

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Learn English in September

Step by step story 29

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 4,689 mod
Help to make a story with your friends.

Continue the story using ONLY 4 words. It must make sense and no rude ones please!

Slowly, the colours faded.....

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 49,060 ✭✭✭✭
    Slowly the colours faded as the sun went...
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 36,026 mod
    Slowly the colours faded as the sun went.I enjoyed the beautiful.....
    Slowly the colours faded as the sun went down.I enjoyed the beautiful peace and quiet after...
    Slowly the colours faded as the sun went down.I enjoyed the peace and quiet after a long walk along....
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slowly the colours faded as the sun went down.I enjoyed the peace and quiet after a long walk along the endless beautiful beach.....
    Slowly the colours faded as the sun went down.I enjoyed the peace and quiet after a long walk along the endless beautiful beach.
    I felt so peaceful ....
  • verom_gonzalezverom_gonzalez Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Slowly the colours faded as the sun went down. I enjoyed the peace and quiet after a long walk along the endless beautiful beach.
    I felt so peaceful that I thought of.........
    Slowly the colours faded as the sun went down. I enjoyed the peace and quiet after a long walk along the endless beautiful beach.
    I felt so peaceful that I thought of the wonderful past days ......
    edited July 2020
    I felt so peaceful that I thought of the wonderful past days spent during my holidays...........

I felt so peaceful as I thought of the wonderful past days spent during my holidays. Unfortunately it had to...

I felt so peaceful as I thought of the wonderful past days spent during my holidays. Unfortunately it had to end once and I .......

I felt so peaceful as I thought of the wonderful past days spent during my holidays. Unfortunately it had to end once and I felt a bit sad.......

I felt so peaceful as I thought of the wonderful past days spent during my holidays. Unfortunately it had to end once and I felt a bit sad because it will be ......

I felt so peaceful as I thought of the wonderful past days spent during my holidays. Unfortunately it had to end once and I felt a bit sad, because it will be a farewell.
    A feeling.....

I felt so peaceful as I thought of the wonderful past days spent during my holidays. Unfortunately it had to end once and I felt a bit sad, because it will be a farewell.

A feeling of dread came...

A feeling of dread came over me when I also......

A feeling of dread came over me when I also thought of all the...
    Slowly the colours faded when the sun went down. I enjoyed the peace and quiet after a long walk along the endlessly beautiful beach.

I felt as peaceful as I thought about the beautiful last few days during my holiday. Unfortunately it had to end once and I felt a bit sad, because it is going to be a goodbye.

A feeling of fear came over me when I also thought of all the strange things that been......
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 4,689 mod
    Slowly the colours faded as the sun went down. I enjoyed the peace and quiet after a long walk along the endlessly beautiful beach.

I felt so peaceful as I thought about the last few beautiful days of my holiday. Unfortunately it had to end and I felt a bit sad, because it was going to be a sad goodbye.

A feeling of fear came over me when I also thought of all the strange things that been. I wondered what would....
    Slowly the colours faded as the sun went down. I enjoyed the peace and quiet after a long walk along the endlessly beautiful beach.

I felt so peaceful as I thought about the last few beautiful days of my holiday. Unfortunately it had to end and I felt a bit sad, because it was going to be a sad goodbye.

A feeling of fear came over me when I also thought of all the strange things that been. I wondered what would happen with us in.......

A feeling of fear came over me when I also thought of all the strange things that been. I wondered what would happen with us in the future when all.......

A feeling of fear came over me when I also thought of all the strange things that been happening. I wondered what would happen with us in the future when all was destroyed, the way...

A feeling of fear came over me when I also thought of all the strange things that been happening. I wondered what would happen with us in the future when all was destroyed.

The way how I had seen.....

A feeling of fear came over me when I also thought of all the strange things that been happening. I wondered what would happen with us in the future when all was destroyed.

The way how I had seen the previous decades makes me......

The way how I had seen the previous decades made me uncertain, it was so.....

PS @verom_gonzalez isn't it better to go one with the story in the past tense?

The way how I had seen the previous decades made me uncertain, it was so surreal and yet true......

PS @verom_gonzalez isn't it better to go one with the story in the past tense?

The way how I had seen the previous decades made me uncertain, it was so surreal and yet true. What would bring the......

The way how I had seen the previous decades made me uncertain, it was so surreal and yet true. What would bring the following days? I didn't.......

The way how I had seen the previous decades made me uncertain, it was so surreal and yet true. What would bring the following days? I didn't have had any idea.......
    edited July 2020

The way how I had seen the previous decades made me uncertain, it was so surreal and yet true. What would bring the following days? I didn't have had any idea, but I found out soon.
This discussion has been closed.