Hello.

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Learn English in September

Take 3 words Game 154

Use the 3 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot! (One correction a day!)

clove

bundle

scaffold

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 4,689 mod
    I had to climb the scaffold to get my bundle of cloves into the kitchen.
  • OlegOleg Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    You can save @amatsuscribbler from scaffold by giving to the executioner a nice bundle of cloves.
    ----------------
    You can save @amatsuscribbler from the scaffold by giving the executioner a nice bundle of cloves.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
    The scaffold collapsed and my bunch of cloves executed a perfect arc as they landed in @Oleg s lap.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 36,026 mod
    edited December 2020
    Standing on the scalfold was the farmer with the bundle of carrots staring to the lady with the cloves.
    ---------------
    Standing on the scaffold was the farmer with his bundle of carrots staring at the lady with the cloves.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    The cloves gave flavor on the used bundle vegetables which I found on the scaffold!
    -----------------
    The cloves gave flavour to the bundle of old vegetables which I found on the scaffold!
    @Paulette (CLOVE) ;)
    edited December 2020
    :# corrected, thanks @Michouxe
    @Michouxe and @Paulette - good job someone's on the ball!

Putting a bundle of cloves into a vegetable stew, makes a scaffold for the intricate flavour combinations, elevating it to haute cuisine.
    I like cloves, but I have never used it in a bundle of garlic because then we would smell and we would be taken to the scaffold.
    edited December 2020
    The carpenter was knocking the bundle bills with cloves at the bottom of the scaffold.
    -------------------
    The carpenter was knocking cloves into the bundle of bills at the bottom of the scaffold.
    edited December 2020
    Brought to the scaffold, the bundle cloves was a salvation for the thief because the executioner fainted.
    Post edited by Paulette on
    edited December 2020
    The thief was sentenced to the scaffold, his last wishes was to force the executioner to eat a huge bundle cloves!
    -------------
    The thief was sentenced to the scaffold, declaring his last wish being to force the executioner to eat a huge bundle cloves!
    edited December 2020
    Because lack of nails, the carpenter used cloves to bundle the scaffold planks for the executions ordered by the president of America.
    -----------------
    Because of a lack of nails, the carpenter used cloves to bundle the scaffold planks for the executions ordered by the president of America.
    edited December 2020
    The boat was moored at the scaffold with a load of merchandise such as bundles of garlic and cloves.
    ---------------
    The boat was moored by the scaffold with a load of merchandise such as bundles of garlic and cloves.
This discussion has been closed.