Hello.

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Learn English in September

Take 3 words Game 157

Use the 3 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot! (One correction a day!)

mat

aerial

noise

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 4,689 mod
    Even sitting on my mat did nothing to reduce the noise coming from the old aerial.
  • OlegOleg Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4
    I bought on sale Large Mat Aerial View of Jungle Forest on The Mountains and it is emits a small beeping noises in additional.
    --------------
    In the sale I bought the 'Large Mat Aerial View of Jungle Forest on The Mountains' as, in addition to it's beauty, it emits small beeping noises.

Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4
    I like your music card with the picture of an aerial on mat paper, but it is a bit too noisy !
    --------------
    I like your music card with the picture of an aerial on matt paper, but it is a bit too noisy !
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 36,026 mod
    edited January 4
    Because the aerial is covered with a lot of dust, look it very mat but the noise is less.
    --------------
    Because the aerial is covered with a lot of dust, look it very matt but the noise is less.
    edited January 4
    There was such a horrible noise in that room that I fell over the mat , so I really want to break the aerial of this music installation!
    --------------
    There was such a horrible noise in that room that I fell over the mat , so I really want to break the aerial to stop it!
    When I shook out the mat, I touched the radio transmitting aerial, and the noise it caused was deafening.
    Vainly I tried with my heavy coconut mat to stop the noise of the broken aerial !
    edited January 4
    The dust of the mat is spread aerial and is dancing by the noise of the wind
    -------------
    The dust from the mat spread around the aerial and was dancing with the noise of the wind.
    An aerial battle with Harry Potter ended with the flying mats falling with an awful lot of noise !
    edited January 4
    The talk show sounds aerial, I enjoy of it on the soft mat without any other noise around me.
    ------------
    I enjoy he talk show sounds coming from the aerial while I lie on the soft mat with no other noise around me.
  • ShelbyShelby Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Tommy wanted to fix the aerial, but he fell over a mat making a lot of noise.
    Jerry the mouse was under the mat and made a beeping noise because Tom the mouse fell on the mat with his aerial.
    edited January 9
    The fakir's nail mat was sucked against the metal aerial and we heard a heavy noise.
    ----------------
    The fakir's mat of nails was sucked against the metal aerial by a magnet and we heard a heavy noise.
    edited December 2020
    @Paulette antenna?
    edited January 9
    Why do you only use an aerial only for listen the noise of a mat?
    -----------
    Why do you use an aerial only to listen for the noise of a mat?
This discussion has been closed.