Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February

When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Step by Step Story 18

1235»

Comments

• verom_gonzalezverom_gonzalez Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    Christmas was nearly here and the snow was falling slightly on the hillside. The moon was shining in the starry sky and there was no more sound to disturb the sleeping children.

Sophie, the youngest of the three girls, was waiting anxiously that night for Father Christmas and the gifts he would bring. She wanted a kitten but she knew that her chances of receiving that gift were slim as her parents didn't like cats. Anyway, she kept hope alive.

Finally, the old clock struck twelve and it was Christmas. Then, Sophie ran to the door and looked at the Christmas tree outside in the garden. Her heart was beating faster as she saw a doll, but not a small one. It was bigger than her last Christmas' doll, but it wasn't what she had wanted. Disappointed, she started crying inconsolably.

Just then however, a cat came out from behind the Christmas tree and looked at Sophie miaowing. Cold and shivering Sophie watched in amazement as if she saw a dream image come true.

"I don't believe, my wish fulfilled! Santa Claus, you made me so happy!" she said, while caressed the soft fluffy fur, and the cat reacted on a fantastic meowing way!

The cat was clearly satisfied and happy with its new home and started to purr. Then, the parents of Sophie came into the living room and heard her laugh... Why? They didn't know so, they went out and smiled to each other accepting the new pet with a heart full of happiness.

"Have you already decided what name you like?" Sophie's mother asked her. She thought for a while but she couldn't decide. It had shiny eyes and soft fur, which reminded her of her lost rabbit Bunny, but she needed to start with another letter.

"How about playing a letter game to find the best sounding name", Sophie's father said.

"That's a great idea!", exclaimed Sophie and the rest of her family began looking up for a name that everyone likes.
    "Look at this! a name you never heard , it's a name with character and sounds very melodious. It could be Arthur or maybe Hannibal", the father said.
    Buy Sophie smiled mysterious and said: "I like Felix! That is a name full of character."

"Okay I'm agree but the pronunciation of the name it is not that simple", the father said.

"Why is it then a name for cats foods?", Sophie's mother asked, smiling.
    "Felix it is then!" the love of my dreams!" the girl exclaimed, and immediately she cuddled her new friend affectionately.
    She was so happy that she started singing and all of the residents sang along with her. It was one of the most touching moments in Sophie's life indeed.
    What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared......
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 18,099 mod
    edited January 12
    Christmas was nearly here and the snow was falling slightly on the hillside. The moon was shining in the starry sky and there was no more sound to disturb the sleeping children.

Sophie, the youngest of the three girls, was waiting anxiously that night for Father Christmas and the gifts he would bring. She wanted a kitten but she knew that her chances of receiving that gift were slim as her parents didn't like cats. Anyway, she kept hope alive.

Finally, the old clock struck twelve and it was Christmas. Then, Sophie ran to the door and looked at the Christmas tree outside in the garden. Her heart was beating faster as she saw a doll, but not a small one. It was bigger than her last Christmas' doll, but it wasn't what she had wanted. Disappointed, she started crying inconsolably.

Just then however, a cat came out from behind the Christmas tree and looked at Sophie miaowing. Cold and shivering Sophie watched in amazement as if she saw a dream image come true.

"I don't believe, my wish fulfilled! Santa Claus, you made me so happy!" she said, while caressed the soft fluffy fur, and the cat reacted on a fantastic meowing way!

The cat was clearly satisfied and happy with its new home and started to purr. Then, the parents of Sophie came into the living room and heard her laugh... Why? They didn't know so, they went out and smiled to each other accepting the new pet with a heart full of happiness.

"Have you already decided what name you like?" Sophie's mother asked her. She thought for a while but she couldn't decide. It had shiny eyes and soft fur, which reminded her of her lost rabbit Bunny, but she needed to start with another letter.

"How about playing a letter game to find the best sounding name", Sophie's father said.

"That's a great idea!", exclaimed Sophie and the rest of her family began looking up for a name that everyone likes.
    "Look at this! a name you never heard , it's a name with character and sounds very melodious. It could be Arthur or maybe Hannibal", the father said.
    Buy Sophie smiled mysterious and said: "I like Felix! That is a name full of character."

"Okay I'm agree but the pronunciation of the name it is not that simple", the father said.

"Felix it is then!" the love of my dreams!" the girl exclaimed, and immediately she cuddled her new friend affectionately.
    She was so happy that she started singing and all of the residents sang along with her. It was one of the most touching moments in Sophie's life indeed.
    What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie....
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears....

What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming soon. But....

What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming soon. But fortunately, her mother could....

She was so happy that she started singing and all of the residents sang along with her. It was one of the most touching moments in Sophie's life indeed
    What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming soon. But fortunately, her mother could catch the trembled cat.....
    edited January 12

What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming soon. But fortunately, her mother could (managed to) catch the trembled cat just before he got.....
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming soon. But fortunately, her mother could (managed to) catch the trembled cat just before he got an acciden in this busy......
    edited January 12

What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming soon. But fortunately, her mother managed to catch the trembled cat just before he got an accident in this busy place, full of things........

What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming soon. But fortunately, her mother managed to catch the trembled cat just before he got an accident in this busy place, full of things that moved very quickly.
    edited January 13

What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming soon. But fortunately, her mother managed to catch the trembled cat just before he got an accident in this busy place, full of things that moved very quickly.

"Well, it's been a ........

"Well, it's been a tensing but a fantastic.....

"Well, it's been a tensing but a fantastic experience, considering that we haven't....

"Well, it's been a tensing but a fantastic experience, considering that we haven't dared to think so positively.
    edited January 13

"Well, it's been a tensing but a fantastic experience, considering that we haven't dared to think so positively", Sophie's father affirmed.

"What....
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 36,096 mod

What more could she wished than to be with her minion kitten. But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming soon. But fortunately, her mother managed to catch the trembling cat just before he got into an accident in this busy place, full of things that moved very quickly.
    "Well, it's been a tense but a fantastic experience, considering that we haven't dared to think so positively", Sophie's father affirmed.

"What was that firework all....
    edited January 13

"Well, it's been a tensing but a fantastic experience, considering that we haven't dared to think so positively", Sophie's father affirmed.

"What was that firework all over the world splendid and....
    @Paulette maybe you didn't see my contribution 3 minutes before your one....
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13

She was so happy that she started singing and all of the residents sang along with her. It was one of the most touching moments in Sophie's life indeed. What more could she wish than to be with her minion kitten.
    But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming soon. But fortunately, her mother managed to catch the trembling cat just before it got into an accident in this busy place, full of things that moved very quickly.

"Well, it's been a tense but a fantastic experience, considering that we haven't dared to think so positively", Sophie's father affirmed.

"What was that firework all over the world? Splendid and joyful!" Now Sophie had.............
    "Like rain, I fell for you."

She was so happy that she started singing and all of the residents sang along with her. It was one of the most touching moments in Sophie's life indeed. What more could she wish than to be with her minion kitten.
    But then something unexpected happened: Felix ran away scared of the firework bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming soon. But fortunately, her mother managed to catch the trembling cat just before it got into an accident in this busy place, full of things that moved very quickly.

"What was that firework all over the world? Splendid and joyful!" Now Sophie had the present she dreamed.
    January 13

"Felix it is then!" the love of my dreams!" the girl exclaimed, and immediately she cuddled her new friend affectiuonately.

"What was that firework all over the world? Splendid and joyful!" Now Sophie had the present she ad dreamed of. "Meow," was Felix's response.
    Dears, thank you all of you for this beautiful story and before finishing I'd like to dedicate this fantastic story to all my previous cats: León, Manchi, Winky and Leopolda; and to my current cat Lulú.
    🤗 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Felix it is then!" the love of my dreams!" the girl exclaimed, and immediately she cuddled her new friend affectiuonately.

"What was that firework all over the world? Splendid and joyful!" Now Sophie had the present she had dreamed of. "Meow," was Felix's response.

That was it.
    "Like rain, I fell for you."

"What was that firework all over the world? Splendid and joyful!" Now Sophie had the present she had dreamed of. "Meow," was Felix's response.

That was it. "Me-ow," Sophie repeated.
    edited January 14

That was it. "Me-ow," Sophie repeated while she lovingly caressed Felix!
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,904 mod

"I don't believe it! My wish fulfilled! Santa Claus, you made me so happy!" she said, while caressing the soft fluffy fur, and the cat reacted in a fantastic meowing way!

The cat was clearly satisfied and happy with its new home and started to purr. Then Sophie's parents came into the living room and heard her laugh... Why? They didn't know, so they went out and smiled at each other, accepting the new pet with hearts full of happiness.

"How about playing a letter game to find the best sounding name," Sophie's father said.

"Look at this! A name you've never heard. It's a name with character and sounds very melodious. It could be Arthur or maybe Hannibal", the father said.

But Sophie smiled mysteriously and said: "I like Felix! That is a name full of character."

"Okay I agree but the pronunciation of the name it is not that simple", the father said.

"Why is it then a name for cat food?" Sophie's mother asked, smiling.

"Felix it is then!" The love of my dreams!" the girl exclaimed, and immediately she cuddled her new friend affectionately.

She was so happy that she started singing and all of the residents sang along with her. It was one of the most touching moments in Sophie's life. What more could she wish than to be with her minion kitten.

But then something unexpected happened. Felix ran away scared of the fireworks bang. Sophie was desperate and the tears were coming. But fortunately, her mother managed to catch the trembling cat just before it got into an accident in that busy place, full of things that moved very quickly.

"Well, it's been a tense but a fantastic experience, considering that we haven't dared to think so positively", Sophie's father affirmed. "Why were there fireworks all over the world? Splendid and joyful!"

Now Sophie had the present she had dreamed of. "Meow," was Felix's response.

That was it. "Me-ow," Sophie repeated while she lovingly caressed Felix!

AWESOME! Well done everyone! :)
This discussion has been closed.