Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Take 3 Words Game 124 - a bit of fun with FIVE words! Same rules apply!

Use the 5 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot!

lunatic

nile

pottery

concrete

gondola

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,069 mod
    Having stolen the ancient concrete pottery, the lunatic rowed his gondola down the Nile and escaped the arms of the police.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,966 ✭✭✭✭
    It takes a lunatic to sail down the Nile in a concrete gondola filled with pottery.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 22,944 mod
    edited February 2
    The demonstration about pottery with concrete in a gondola on the Nile was a lunatic idea.
    ------------------
    The demonstration about concrete pottery in a gondola on the Nile was a lunatic idea.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,069 mod
    "I want to show you how making pottery in a leaky, concrete gondola on the choppy Nile makes you a lunatic!"
    edited February 11
    The captain asked his wife to decorated his gondala with colorful concrete, because she runs a pottery house, but the sailors said it is a lunatic idea.
    ---------------
    The captain asked his wife to decorate his gondola with colourful concrete, because she runs a pottery house, but the sailors said it was a lunatic idea.
  • OlegOleg Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once upon a time, I went down the Nile with some pottery on my head in a concrete gondola screaming like a lunatic, and people around were impressed.
    edited February 11
    The pottery in my garden is made of concrete and I had a lunatic idea to create a Nile miniature with a beautiful Gondola on it.
    ------------------
    The pottery in my garden is made of concrete and I had the lunatic idea to create a miniature Nile with a beautiful Gondola on it.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11
    Have you never heard of that lunatic working in a pottery and wanted to sail with a concrete gondola on the Nile.
    ---------------------
    Have you never heard of that lunatic working in a pottery and wanting to sail in a concrete gondola on the Nile.
    Have you never heard of that lunatic who worked in a pottery and wanted to sail with a concrete gondola on the Nile.
    edited February 11
    Several people made pottery on the gondola is and a lunatic man would it sell on people who lived on a concrete island on the Nile.
    ------------------
    Several people made pottery on the gondola and a lunatic man would it sell to people who lived on a concrete island on the Nile.
    edited February 11
    I sailed on the Nile when I was surprised to see a gondola next to me that was completely made of concrete with the brand of a pottery company on his side , and a lunatic who sang songs about Venice.
    ----------------
    I was sailing on the Nile when I was surprised to see a gondola next to me that was completely made of concrete with the brand of a pottery company on it's side , and a lunatic who sang songs about Venice.
    edited February 11
    It is a lunatic idea, but I like it to sit on a concrete chair when I make pottery while I am dreaming from a cruise on the Nile with a gondola.
    ------------------
    It is a lunatic idea, but I like to sit on a concrete chair while I make pottery dreaming about a cruise on the Nile in a gondola.
    The boss of the pottery company had the lunatic idea of making a concrete gondola, with the result that the gondola sank like a stone in the channel of Venice.

edited February 11
    The government of Egypt had the lunatic idea to give the order at a pottery to manufactures concrete stones to place in the Nile as jetty for a gondola.
    ------------------
    The government of Egypt had the lunatic idea of giving the order to the pottery to manufacture concrete stones to place in the Nile as a jetty for a gondola.
    edited February 11
    The lunatic man made several holes in the concrete gondola that especially designed for the Nile tours, and that because he was fired in the pottery company.
    -------------------
    The lunatic made several holes in the concrete gondola that had been specially designed for the Nile tours but because of that he was fired from the pottery company.
    The pottery artist made a lunatic creation with concrete which he exhibited in a gondola on the Nile.
    edited February 11
    I created a gondola with lunatic beautiful concrete pottery and I called it The Nile.
    ------------------
    I created a gondola with beautiful concrete pottery and I called it The Nile; lunatic!

The gondola sailed under the concrete bridge of the Nile while a lunatic was baking the fish in his pottery casserole.
    The concrete bridge near the Nile was too low for the gondola, it was the fault of a lunatic staff member who had worked in the pottery factory and now worked in the concrete company!
    The academy of pottery made a statue of concrete from a lunatic lady which tried to walk towards her gondola on the Nile.
    Today I met a woman, that made beautiful pottery, among others a concrete gondola, a sculpture of a boat on the Nile, too lunatic to see !
    The lunatic concrete statue was designed as an ornament for the workshop pottery at the cruise with a gondola on the Nile.
    The boss 👴of the pottery company wants to sail accross the Nile with a concrete gondola that is too heavy, lunatic.... 🤢!

When I put the concrete pottery on the gondola was it really lunatic because it sank immediately in the Nile.
    The owner of a pottery company was very angry because someone had thrown the concrete into his gondola on the Nile. He said; whoever did this must have been very lunatic.
    edited February 11
    The man that created a concrete statue with ornaments of pottery isn't lunatic on the contrary he won with it a price, a cruise on the Nile in a gondola.
    --------------------
    The man that created a concrete statue with ornaments of pottery isn't a lunatic because, on the contrary, he won a prize; a cruise on the Nile in a gondola.
    edited February 11
    I got a brochure with a picture of a gondola in a concrete construction made by a pottery club , and the name under the picture was the Nile, isn't it lunatic?
    ----------------
    I got a brochure with a picture of a gondola in a concrete construction made by a pottery club , and the name under the picture was the Nile which is lunacy!
    edited February 10
    The calculation of the concrete gondola made in the pottery factory was wrong and as result sank it on the Nile so that the engineer became lunatic.
    Post edited by Paulette on
    edited February 11
    I wanted to start a pottery business, but first I would like to choose a speciality, maybe concrete gondola's, but I forgot we live in venice not near the Nile. It seems like I am a bit lunatic!
    --------------------
    It seems like I am a bit of a lunatic because I wanted to start a pottery business after choosing a speciality, maybe concrete gondolas, but I forgot we live in Venice not near the Nile.
    edited February 11
    The Nile hides a lot of lunatic treasures made of concrete and also a gondola in pottery.
    --------------------
    The Nile hides a lot of lunatic treasures made of concrete and also a gondola made of pottery.
    edited February 10
    A concrete costruction of a lunatic gondola made by a pottery workshop was exhibited in a museum near the Nile.
This discussion has been closed.