Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
May
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

World countries' details

Practical_SeverardPractical_Severard Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 13 in Countries and Travel
There is a Russian blogger, who has travelled 262 out of 265 world countries and maintains a pictures' site devoted to small details of everyday life: streets, everyday life scenes, road signs, skips, fire hydrants, phone booths and such. There are some landscapes too. The photos are good since he runs an advertising agency. Recently I learned he maintains an English version of the site too, though not all the pages are translated.
I think it might be of interest to the public here.
https://www.tema.ru/eng/travel/world/
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 38,710 ✭✭✭✭
    How interesting @Practical_Severard. I have a Singaporean friend who has visited about the same number of countries, but he has taken much longer than the five years Artemy has spent travelling. Artemy has a great eye for detail.

I love his description of Nice! "A resort town that isn’t entirely soulless." I like how much he appreciated Manchester but he didn't think much of Liverpool or Birmingham. I'm totally with him there.

And Kathmandu, he sums up very accurately. This particular crossing is one I am always having to cross and I hate it with a passion.

I like this guy. He is as obsessed by trash collection as I am!
  • Practical_SeverardPractical_Severard Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14
    mheredge said:

I like this guy. He is as obsessed by trash collection as I am!

I like his site too, unfortunately he's not very quick with updating, though there are a lot of content already. I think that's better than any travel magazine. He can always nail it with his texts, and, as far as I understand, his English is good too. So no wonder, that this guy is hugely popular on the Russian Internet.
    This is a picture of the city I come from:

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 38,710 ✭✭✭✭
    I admire that he's gone and done it @Practical_Severard. Setting up and updating a blog takes a lot of commitment and time. I'm too lazy!

My SIngaporean friend's blog is maybe a touch more 'academic.' He starts his bIog with "I do not consider myself a writer, but a traveller who happens to write." I certainly enjoyed travelling with him and learned so much history from him. We met in London years back when he was a corporate banker working at Dresdner Bank. He now teaches at Singaport University as this gives him more time for travel!

http://www.weecheng.com/tanwc2/countries-been-to.htm