Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Your country

bleucielbleuciel Posts: 35 Inactive
edited May 2018 in Countries and Travel
Who is proud of his coutry and why?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,702 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that Britain has a lot to be proud of right now!
  • bleucielbleuciel Posts: 35 Inactive
    Every body is not satisfied of his country
    When you live in a country, you see it warts and all @bleuciel. Visitors always seen another side to the place. And people also tend to forget that everywhere has its problems, thinking that the green is always greener on the other side of the fence (or border).
  • bleucielbleuciel Posts: 35 Inactive
    Yes,this is the poblem of humans,we see just the negative points
  • JuliannaJulianna Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I like both my country, my Homeland country is Ukraine and now I got a US citizenship also. I really proud of my Ukraine, this is a great country and now I also take history and pride to my new country of the USA. Both of these countries are the most beautiful in the world for me. I don't like politics, I mean that I'm proud of the people living in these countries.
    I am looking forward to visiting Ukraine in June @Julianna. I plan to go to Odessa and Kiev. Do you have any recommendations of things I should see as a tourist?
  • JuliannaJulianna Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I lived in Kiev for some time and it’s a great city, especially when chestnuts are blooming. When the flowers fall from the trees, it turns out such a floral carpet on the ground. If you don’t have a history, visit Kiev Pechersk Lavra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can walk along Khreshchatyk and take a ride on the funicular to see the city and the river. There are many cathedrals and churches in Kiev, if you like such places. Visit Andreevsky descent, there you can find beautiful pictures. The house with Khimera is an unusual building, you need to see it as well as the Sofia square. In June it will be very hot, it seems to me that May is the best time to visit Kiev. Sorry,I can't say anything about Odessa, I have never been there ...
    Thank you @Julianna. I will be there at the very end of May, so maybe it won't be too hot. I like art very much and visiting churches, so I think there will be a lot for me to explore. I want to keep things flexible, so depending on my fancy, can stay as long or as little time as I want.
  • mandalaputramandalaputra Posts: 7
    I am not satisfied of my country. because there are a lot of bad politician. the corrupted the money. and let my country became worse and worse. Fight between religion is also happen too much. sometimes i can't feel save leaving in my country.