Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain

Phrasal Verb Challenge #15 - Drop around/Drop by.

DoraDora Teacher's PetPosts: 5,394 mod
Hi guys!

I know it's been a long while but here's another PVC! Previously - I challenged my forum friends with some of the phrasal verbs with the word drop. (https://learnenglish.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/2986/phrasal-verb-challenge-2-drop-in-drop-off-drop-out#latest)

But that doesn't end there. Yesterday, we discussed some more (actually 2) phrasal verbs with drop, in a session. Here they are:

=> Drop around - (visit someone, often without making arrangements.) OR (to deliver)

=> Drop by - (pay a brief visit)

The challenge is to write a short story or some sentences using these phrasal verbs. Are you ready?
"Like rain, I fell for you."

Comments

• DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 5,394 mod
    @Ezîza - If you ever drop by, please don't forget to drop around your sentences or a paragraph here. ;)
    "Like rain, I fell for you."
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 42,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Dora said:

@Ezîza - If you ever drop by, please don't forget to drop off your sentences or a paragraph here. ;)

• almog250almog250 Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Hi, I drop around my grandma all out because she is sick and I had to care here.

If every comes to Israel you should drop by Tel Aviv there are great beaches here.