Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

New members - Introductions

Comments

• irairairaira Posts: 1
    Hi, my name Ira, i'm from Russia, and i have many attempts to learn English, but noone successful. I hope your place will help with my language problems.))
  • Hi Lynne

As everyone knows that all the English is an international language and at global or social platform most of conversations are in English only so want to improve it desperately.If you an help me, i will be very thankful to you from bottom of my heart.

Regards
    Mani Saigal
  • amarferagetamarferaget Posts: 1
    Hi, my skype name is amarferaget5.Can you add me as your friend so that I can learn english
  • Hello everyone! my name is Tasos and i would like to chat with others in english just to improve my grammar and vocabulary :)
  • Sina1990Sina1990 Posts: 1
    hello everybody
    I'm Sina and I'm new here...I'm from Iran and my native language is is kurdish
    I have been learning English for 2 years...I think here is a lot that I can learn
  • shahmirshahmir Posts: 1
    Hello i am new i am learning inglish and i want to improve it
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    yes @Xeb it's good
  • I think the same. I'm happy you find it useful, @HOUSSEM.
  • @Hudzaifah, @iraira, @mani.saigal, @JuliaMars, @amarferaget, @tasos_xrono, @Sina1990, @shahmir

Hello guys,

Welcome. Hopefully you'll hope enjoy exploring the forum and the network. It has got a lot to offer, but we have to be active to make the most of it.

As for the rules, Julia, as far as I know if we are nice to each other, you can't really break any rules. Well, I don't think so.

• savisavi Posts: 3
    hello everyone
    my name is savi
    i am from India
  • siyazisiyazi Posts: 2
    Hello, Sir I am a new member. My English is very poor. So I think you will help me for my English language.
  • i want to improve my english and specificly grammar.I have to write sentences that hasnt common words and grammar,for instance i prefer writing "Had not read very well,i diddnt execpt to pass" and not "i dont study and i will fail".however i make a lot of grammar mistakes ,hope to help me out :smile:
  • vida1992vida1992 Posts: 1
    Hi teacher Lynne
    my name is vida and am 22 years old.
    I really really like and want to improve my English espesially speaking part.
    i would be glad if i could participate in the forum as a new member.
    Thank you
    regards
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    yes @Xeb the forum is absolutly useful.
  • arsaratharsarath Posts: 2
    Hi Lynne my name is Murat.I'm from Turkey.I want to learn English because my university lenguage is %30 english, so I should learn it but I dont understand this system when I join in a skype group and finally my english very very pooor :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    edited January 2015
    It does no end of good participating, @Nesrine. Thumbs up.

Welcome to the forum, @arsarath. Have you already had a look at the conversation, How to join us on skype - Follow the instructions
  • arsaratharsarath Posts: 2
    @Xeb I sent my skype name to Lynne yesterday but what do I do now ?
  • @arsarath
    If you did it by sending a private message to Lynne, then she will send you a contact request on Skype and also add you to the LEN group. Just be a bit patient.
    hi Lynne, i'am new here in your forum and i can't have access to the skype lessons :),
    and i'm pleased to join you guys.
  • Hi @amino, Look a couple messages above yours. You'll see that I posted a link that redirect to the How To conversation for joining the Skype session.

Hi @sara2015, The closest to your demanding request is the lesson website, but keep in mind that it's one message a day and one message per lesson. And of course what you write must be linked to the topic of the lesson. Here is the link to the lesson website, http://www.learn-english-online.org/

Hi Everyone esp. Lynne,
    Hoping to have a wonderful learning. I would really to polish my soft skills. Thanks in advance.
  • Welcome to the forum @ferdie_floria.

I don't know what soft skills are. Could you tell me?
    Thank @Xeb I'm particular about to communicate effectively which I really lack. To be specific is when I speak or wrong grammar, and most often I choke or get mental breakdown - don't know what should I say next.
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 5,347 mod
    Welcome - All new members. :smile:

@Lynne- Sorry, I can't come for a few days. I am glad that @Xeb is handling all this.

Regards.
    Dora.
    "Like rain, I fell for you."
  • You are not alone, @ferdie_floria. I went through the same experience

It seems like after growing up we are afraid of making a fool of ourselves, I think that it's one cause of this mental block. The only option is to wake up the child inside us, and let him take the control of our learning English. Children as far more brave than we are. ;)

• Hi, I'm André, from Brazil. Studied a bit of English long ago when i was only a kid. Want to write in English whithout that anoying red line under my words and speak naturaly. I'm 42 now and my text correction tool in this forum will be allways off so you, if you want, may correct me everytime I write something wrong. I belive i didn't improve my english mainly cause had no one to train with me.

cheers

André
  • Hi @Andre_ARVS,

Welcome to the forum.

I've got a weird question for you, I hope you won't mind. Who is still underlying your mistakes with a red pen? You aren't any longer going to school with these bossy teachers who think the classroom is their realm, are you?
  • Hello @Xeb, Thank's.

Don't worry, I'm here to train and If you ask me nothing I don't have how to do it :wink: I tried to make a joke but as I see it, will need to try hard :smile:

My spell checker software underline my words when I write.

André
  • Hello everyone! :) I am the new one and want to improve my English skills. This community looks awesome and I am really glad I found it.
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 5,347 mod
    Hi @Poppaneering. Welcome to the forum.

This community is really very awesome. I'm sure that it'll help you in improving your English skills.

Enjoy yourself and make yourself fully comfortable here. (on the forum)
    Spot on!
    "Like rain, I fell for you."